My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dear Posterity......life is hard

Life is full of ups and downs..Lately Grandpa and I have felt like something wonderful is about to happen.
Why you ask? because when everything comes crumbling down, there is a pot of gold around the corner. A rainbow follows every rain storm. The miracle of birth follows the challenges of labor.
*****
* The Air conditioning in our pool house stopped working
*After spending $700.00 for the regular maintenance on our car, the
Air stopped working completely. It has been 9o's-100's. We were without air for 2 weeks.
*Mark got 2 strange spider bites on his neck
*Mark broke his 2 front teeth, causing them to be extracted
Mark passed out 3 times in the yard
* We had to replace a refrigerator
*Our computer died on us, have no idea why? no viruses were detected
*Our son had 2 kidney stones removed surgically. He was out of work for a week.
*We said goodbye to a dear friend who fought a valiant battle with mortality
*I got in my first ever car wreck. It was my fault
*We hired some workers to build us a fountain in our yard. Whoopsies, they took our wheel barrow, and didn't come back.
*Our sons divorce will be final soon. A sad and tragic thing.
*Two of my sisters are having yet "more" medical procedures. For my one sis, this will be her 10th surgery this year.
*We have received several notifications that someone is trying to steal our identity
* you could add to this list the previous post..remember cops at 1am and neighbors complaining?
******
"No pain that we suffer, no trial we experience is wasted"
"A pattern in the scriptures and in life shows that many times the darkest, most dangerous tests immediately precede remarkable events and tremendous growth.
***
I'm so grateful that in spite of these hiccups and bumps in the road, we witnessed many small miracles along the way.
It was made very clear to me that the blessings far outweighed any of the pain we were experiencing.
I saw that our afflictions were light compared to the blessings and growth we receive in this life and in Eternity.
Posterity, life will be hard. Focus on your blessings.

5 comments:

Michael and Natalia said...

Sue, I can't tell you how much I love you and your wonderful BIG family!!

I am sorry about all the bumps. When I saw you just recently, both you and Mark looked so beautiful and full of joy, I had no idea that you've been going through so much! (until I asked Mark about his health...)

You are such amazing people and have done SO MUCH good in this world (including through your sons), I know it will all come back to you a hundredfold.

I wish you all the best with all my heart. Some of the trials you described made me cry. How sad and tragic. I am so sorry.

I admire your strength, testimony, optimism and wisdom. I know you can get through anything, because of who you are.

...but if we can be of help in any way (ever!), PLEASE, let us know. We love you and will keep you and the rest of your family in our prayers ♥♥

Joe and Marci said...

Good grief!! You need a break from suffering. Thank you for this post, it is a good reference for our kids as they grow up and face the challenges that will surely come.

You also gave an amazing lesson at church... I think the adversary is trying to kick you while you're down because you are one of God's true and faithful servants.

We love you guys and are thankful to know that when things get hard, we have our awesome family at our side.

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours! I think you definitely deserve a break and a long streak of good things happening.
You really do appreciate the positives that pop up in life after having so many trials.
One thing I truly admire about you Sue is your ability to always be positive and turn things over to the Lord. There are so many things that happen in life that we don't have any control over.
Thanks for you examples of prayer and faith.

tammy said...

I've thought of you a lot lately, friend. Now I know why. This brought tears to my eyes as well. I know there are blessing through and after our trials, but sometimes they are hard to have to keep living through. Thanks for this reminder to keep going, and to keep looking for the positives.

mCat said...

Just what I needed to read this Sunday morning.....

I need a big sister - can I adopt you?

True wisdom friend, true wisdom