My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, August 22, 2011

A thoughtful Monday...


I love it when I'm minding my own business and out of nowhere comes
a little surprise that brightens my day.

My blog is called "HAVEN OF REFUGE"..

Today I found a quote that expressed perfectly why I chose the name I did.


"My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.

-----------Maya Angelou

5 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Did you find it on pinterest? :) That quote perfectly describes your little Havenwood.

Sue said...

Marci I saw it on the Nate Burkus show. A woman had written this poem on a chair. It was very cool.

mCat said...

Perfect. And seems so fitting for you!

CB said...

Wonderful quote.

Our homes should be haven's from a crazy world!

tammy said...

I love thinking that my home is a haven. Maybe that's why I'm such a homebody?