
MONDAY GETS A BAD RAP,
BUT CONSIDER THIS.
YOU'VE GOT A FRESH START,
YOU'RE RESTED AND
IF YOU'RE FEELING GRUMPY
EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS
THINK ABOUT IT.
MONDAY MAY ACTUALLY BE
THE BEST DAY OF ALL.
*
I really do get it, the weekend is over and people have to go
back to work.
It can be hard.
On the other hand, people do go back to work
which gives me some time to my self!
and....
Church work is usually off limits on Monday.
I love to reflect on the weekend which has also
inspired this MONDAY POST:
M-OTIVATION
O-PTIMISM
N-OURISH
D-ELIGHT
A-CHEIVE
y-ou
y-ou
*****
The spring weather was motivation for us to go
outside on Saturday and see MIKES game.
We felt optimism when we saw the crocuses spring up in our yard.
We had a date night with our marrieds
on Saturday night. We nourished ourselves with
Japanese food, and a movie. Why bother
mentioning that we were FIRST at the
restaurant at 5:30 when it opened,
and at 7:30 we still hadn't received some of our food.
Yeah, I probably shouldn't mention that
we will not be going to Mizumis ever again.
*
Sunday after Church, I turned the oven on to 375
so I could roast some asparagus for our dinner.
How delighted was I when I came downstairs to smell
smoke and something burning...
(I forgot I left a red plastic plate of cookies for the
neighbor in the oven.)
and..
the plastic hadn't destroyed my oven elements.
I swear I had a tender Mercie that day. The plastic just
peeled off the racks!!!!!!
*
One of my greatest joys is watching my grand children
acheive in their life. Today is my grandsons
16th birthday. He was the first to receive his Eagle.
Happy Birthday Andrew. You are on your way
to a happy and productive life!!!!!
*
Mondays are great days to step outside and get some air,
to remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be.
Today I want to be the best version of myself.
Someone who tries hard to be better each day.
The more you
know who you are,
and what you want
the less you let
things upset you.
*
Happy Monday everyone!!!!




4 comments:
Well what a happy Monday post! I usually don't mind Mondays. I think the only reason some do is because then there is still 4 more days of work. But in my mind everyday is work and hopefully rest too!
Congrats to you grandson on his Eagle. I am not sure if he just got it or not but it is a great accomplishment.
Nope! I like Mondays too! The kids are at school (except for today), the hubs is usually at work (except for today), and I can get my house back to normal after everyone hanging out all weekend. Sundays are good, but can be so exhausting. It's nice to wake up to a fresh new day. Happy Monday!
whatev. cant i just hide under my pillow?? haha Fine. i really liked this post
You get the happy face award! Here it is Saturday and I am barely catching up! I think I am going to try and adopt your attitude this coming Monday. Key word - TRY. : )
Post a Comment