Mark turned a whopping "66" yrs old on March 22.
He wanted to spend some time with his 2 sisters
who live in Mesquite.
We flew to Vegas and they drove to meet us.
We stayed at Ballys Hotel.
Annie was 1 hr. early....
but who's counting when you want to have some fun
with your siblings.
How appropriate for us to find an Eiffel Tower
on Mark's Birthday.
He definitely has a deep affection
for anything French.
We went to dinner and then off to see
David Copperfield.
We all knew it was an illusion,
but how in the heck did he do it???????
but how in the heck did he do it???????
We were touching the stage, hoping for some clue.
Notta...not one
The show was superb.
and when all 13 people disappeared...What can I say
truly amazing.
Of course we ate at several of the famous buffets..
Grand America and the Paris...
Our cute cab driver Mr Jacobs and Annie got quite
flirty with each other and perhaps there is a romance
coming to Mesquite..
Grand America and the Paris...
Ann Marie got cozy with a handsome ape she saw at the mall.
Our cute cab driver Mr Jacobs and Annie got quite
flirty with each other and perhaps there is a romance
coming to Mesquite..
oh yeh!!! there is a lot of Heugly in these two.
Mark holding his birthday gift from Annie.
An antique ornament with Marks picture on it.
And some rubbing cream to ease his pain.
As she gave Mark his present, she said "Isn't life good?"
and truly it is.
As she gave Mark his present, she said "Isn't life good?"
and truly it is.
Mark kept teasing Ann Marie about her shortness.
He swore she's under 5 ft.
So...we found a clothing store that had a measuring
tape and did some measuring of our own.
Mark swears she is still under 5 ft. The sales lady
who was short herself thought Annie was 5 ft. exactly.
We will give it to you Annie.
Essie showed up the next day.
Here they are together
Here they are together
Ann Marie-71
Essie-68
Mark-66
Ann Marie bought sugar treats for the sweet friend who watched
her dog, Navidad so we could party.
her dog, Navidad so we could party.
big boy and about to retire..
Essie and Mark talking about life.
Time to say Goodbye..
Next year if God willing, we will meet again for some sisterly, brotherly
love and lots of laughs.
We had a fun time catching up,
recalling memories in very different ways.
Laughing, crying, and lots of hugging.
Yes, it was a good Birthday for Mark.
***
and to put it in Ann Marie's words:
"I loved everything but how quickly the time ended. I can't remember having that much fun in Vegas since I went there with Mom and the little kids when I was about l5. You guys are cute and I have just had two days of fun retelling stories and thinking about all the fun. I definitely think we need to get together at least once a year. The show was really special.
Every minute was fun. I loved Mark not finding two socks. I have laughed so hard over the walking shirt. Please tell Mark that I loved the color...just could not miss that it was his dress shirt. You have exercised much patience and I love you. I have not stopped smiling since I got back, even while I mowed the darn lawn except when I could not get the mower started, guess I am not recovered yet. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out the David Copperfield thing. I am grateful that you were fun enough to think to get a picture with Mr Jacobs (our cab driver). That will last for a great morale booster for some time to come".





No comments:
Post a Comment