My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy 2-uesday

The first thing that makes me happy today!!
My 2011 blog book is published.
(if you notice, the one on the left is larger than the one on the right)
different companies.
Last year I used Blurb (right side)
This year I used blog2print (on the left)
 I was very pleased. It so much easier than doing blurb.
The pictures were all larger too. I did have to do 2 volumes because
I had so many pictures.
happy..happy..happy

2nd thing I'm Happy for today:
This is my 8th week being off sugar and carbonation.
How many lbs.  have I lost?
not sure....but the inches are coming off.
Summer body is a comin..
*************
AND NO....
It wasn't easy..
I was tired of thinking this all the time
 (below)
 I was also tired of trying a new diet
 with no real results and having my frinds say this:

So I did what works for me and that is to go off sugar,
drinks and eat a lot less and exercise more.
****
The only drawback is the way I look at Mark who
has a tendency to overeat and the things I say when I'm starving.


What makes you happy lately?
What's the best" lose weight trick" you are up to these days?

3 comments:

tammy said...

Good job going off sugar! That is a hard one for me. I need a little dark chocolate every day it seems to help my mood. Diets and weight gain make me moody too! My hubs has been working out 1-2 hours a day and only eating proteins, veggies and fruit and has lost 12 pounds in a month. It's so not fair how fast it comes off for them! And I don't have time to work out that much. He can do it while he's sitting at the hotel waiting to go to work.

Brittany said...

What's made me happy: My mama coming to visit me (finally) !! And Peli's awesome birthday party with his kindergarten friends (fun). And the roses I just received.

What works for me, diet wise? For sure, one thing: Sugar and carbs overall. My body responds so well to this... and quickly too. Now, I just need to quit talking and start doing, right? ;)

mCat said...

I love that last sign about words spoken out of hunger. My grandma always felt like she was fat. She wasn't but she felt like it. There was always a diet of some kind she was on, but when I was with her we would secretly buy treats and hide them in her secret drawer with a promise to never tell Grandpa who was a health fiend.

Finally, she decided that it was better to just be fat and happy!