My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My new Gazebo and fountain...Just in time for Mothers Day


It's so cliche, but when life gives you lemons
make lemonade...
I was so sad, when Mark told me
our spruce tree was dead and had to go......
Japanese Beetles killed our giant tree out in front of our house.
Here's our faithful workers, who come rain or shine to cut down our tree.


It's like losing a family member..It is, I promise.
These trees have provided warmth and shade for us.



Even our fountain had to go. Mark
redesigned the whole area.


Are you ready for the big Reveal?





 Inside the gazebo mark had our cement stamped in a checkerboard,
so we could play chess with our extra large chess men...
How cool is this?
 My darling son checking out the finished project...

Well done Mark.
Check Mate!!!!!

3 comments:

tammy said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

mCat said...

Holy cow! It's beautiful!

Brittany said...

wowza! love it ;)