My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, May 21, 2012

A quickie (a get a way that is)

It was Stake Conference weekend, and Mark and I needed a much
deserved get a way. So we went to Park City.
It's close, and has just what you need to relax and chill.

 Everything was so green and lush.
There is always good food to be found. Here's my squash and asparagus
and never mind the size of those ribs!!! I know huge huh?
I ate the whole thing..I really did.
 We found blossoms and beauty everywhere we went.
Of course we went to the outlets for some shopping.
Found some really cute things.
 Mark got himself some cute linen pants, that I just love.
 Mark bought me this cute outfit.
 and....J. Crew had this top that I just loved.
So why not buy it in every color?
 These soft comfy cotton dresses will be perfect with Sandals..
also needed some Capri's that are denim and stretchy..
On our last day we just drove around and took in the sights.
If I had a nickel for every barn we saw.......
horses, Buffalo sheep...you name it we saw all sorts of cute animals.
Loved this diner, out in the middle of nowhere.
 We had to stop for gas...and next to us were motorcycles,
and.......

behind us were more motorcycles..
hundreds and hundreds of them.
They were the High Desert Harley gang.
 The highway patrol were following them everywhere they went,
 because they didn't want any trouble in Salt Lake...


 We saw the Jordanelle and all the beautiful homes
surrounding the lake.
 We ended our get away with some
 Mexican food from the Baja Cantina..

chips and salsa
enchiladas, and tacos!!!!

finally we arrive home to this!!!!



Mark and I both said out loud, we went and spent money
 to get away from this?
Our own bed was nicer, our bathroom
was like being in a castle compared to where we spent the night.
But sometimes you just need different scenery
 to come home and appreciate what you already have..
HOME SWEET HOME........ 

1 comment:

tammy said...

I think that's why I have a hard time getting Luvpilot to go anywhere - our own bed is so much more comfy and he spends way too many nights in hotels.

But I do love Park City and how close and easy it is to get to from the valley.

You're killing me with that food however, since I'm trying to lose another 5 pounds before Lake Powell next month!!

Glad you got away. Any trip that involves shopping and eating is a good one.