I am not choosing goals this year.
I have enough to do.
But I am going to try a little harder at everything.
No pressure, just try to be a wee bit better than last year.
****************
I do have to share this great idea though.
I'm probably not going to do it..... unless... I want to.
***
Julie de Azevedo Hanks suggested that
instead of keeping a "To Do List"...
*********
or... I love this idea
Lisa King (who suffered a great loss) said "This year I didn’t make any New Year's resolutions. I would still like to lose weight and become fitter, but that’s not as important to me anymore. Every day for the past eleven months I have made “New Day" resolutions. I’ve discovered that each day is an opportunity to make a resolution or choice about what I will do to get through another day and to cope with what has happened."
Richard C Edgley said, “Because of the conflicts and challenges we face in today’s world, I wish to suggest a single choice—a choice of peace and protection and a choice that is appropriate for all. That choice is faith. Be aware that faith is not a free gift given without thought, desire, or effort. It does not come as the dew falls from heaven. The Savior said, “Come unto me” and “Knock, and it shall be given you”. These are action verbs—come, knock. They are choices. So I say, choose faith. Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism."
" I don’t have a choice in how I am feeling. I can’t choose to
not be sad. Some days I can’t stop the tears from flowing no matter how hard I
try. I can’t choose to stop those feelings, but I can choose what I do each day
to help me deal with the grief I’m going through."
"Some of those choices or resolutions I make every day are things like just getting out of bed and going to work, or doing fun things with my family, when I’d much rather just stay home and hide away from the world. Other choices I make are to pray constantly to our Heavenly Father to ask him for help to get through each day, or to count my blessings when it would be much easier to look at all the negatives in my life right now".
Neil L Andersen said, "By definition, trials will be trying. There may be anguish, confusion, sleepless nights, and pillows wet with tears. But our trials need not be spiritually fatal."
Along the same lines the Apostle Orson F Whitney said, “Trials give us opportunities to show the Lord and ourselves that we will be faithful. We can choose to feel sorry for ourselves and ask, “Why me?” or we can grow from our trials, increase our faith in the Lord, and ask, “How can I be faithful in the midst of this trial?” We can let adversity break us down and make us bitter, or we can let it refine us and make us stronger. We can allow adversity to lead us to drift away from the things that matter most, or we can use it as a stepping-stone to grow closer to things of eternal worth.”
"Even though it’s very hard, I am trying every day to make a “New Day”
resolution to continue on in my life in the way that I know that
my Heavenly Father, my Savior Jesus Christ would want
me to, so that I can one day be with them again."
*****
If I had a "Ta Da" list I might have written down that I shared these great ideas.
But because I'm trying to be just a wee bit better, with no extra stress..I'll say thank you to these women who don't know me but have made a difference in my thinking for today for the better.
......and that will have to be good enough for today.
we should keep a
"Ta-Da List" and record the things we do each day that are
praise-worthy. Isn't it more exciting to remind ourselves how much good we
accomplished in a day rather than beat ourselves up over all the tasks we
didn't get to?
However big or small these tasks may
seem, they are important. So let's make sure we are recognizing our
accomplishments and giving ourselves something to smile about!or... I love this idea
Lisa King (who suffered a great loss) said "This year I didn’t make any New Year's resolutions. I would still like to lose weight and become fitter, but that’s not as important to me anymore. Every day for the past eleven months I have made “New Day" resolutions. I’ve discovered that each day is an opportunity to make a resolution or choice about what I will do to get through another day and to cope with what has happened."
Richard C Edgley said, “Because of the conflicts and challenges we face in today’s world, I wish to suggest a single choice—a choice of peace and protection and a choice that is appropriate for all. That choice is faith. Be aware that faith is not a free gift given without thought, desire, or effort. It does not come as the dew falls from heaven. The Savior said, “Come unto me” and “Knock, and it shall be given you”. These are action verbs—come, knock. They are choices. So I say, choose faith. Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism."
"Some of those choices or resolutions I make every day are things like just getting out of bed and going to work, or doing fun things with my family, when I’d much rather just stay home and hide away from the world. Other choices I make are to pray constantly to our Heavenly Father to ask him for help to get through each day, or to count my blessings when it would be much easier to look at all the negatives in my life right now".
Neil L Andersen said, "By definition, trials will be trying. There may be anguish, confusion, sleepless nights, and pillows wet with tears. But our trials need not be spiritually fatal."
Along the same lines the Apostle Orson F Whitney said, “Trials give us opportunities to show the Lord and ourselves that we will be faithful. We can choose to feel sorry for ourselves and ask, “Why me?” or we can grow from our trials, increase our faith in the Lord, and ask, “How can I be faithful in the midst of this trial?” We can let adversity break us down and make us bitter, or we can let it refine us and make us stronger. We can allow adversity to lead us to drift away from the things that matter most, or we can use it as a stepping-stone to grow closer to things of eternal worth.”
*****
If I had a "Ta Da" list I might have written down that I shared these great ideas.
But because I'm trying to be just a wee bit better, with no extra stress..I'll say thank you to these women who don't know me but have made a difference in my thinking for today for the better.
......and that will have to be good enough for today.



No comments:
Post a Comment