IN YOUR HEART
IN THE WORLD---------PEACE---------In YOUR HOME
******
A few weeks ago ......
I was asked to share how the gospel has helped me to find peace during troubled times, in Relief Society.
This is what I shared:
(My son Joe asked for a copy)
I have been lied to, stolen from, and betrayed by friends and family. Mark was fired from a job because of his beliefs.
My MIL committed suicide, while I was in the home. Mark was the one who found her.
In my family I’ve seen the effects of Alzheimer’s, addiction, mental illness, atheism, infidelity, aids, rape and same sex attraction.
I have an alcoholic nephew who is homeless and we can’t find him.
I’ve had many broken hearts watching my kids experience life.
I have grand children who are suffering from the effects of divorce. I have had dreams and hopes shattered. I’ve watched my husband endure a painful illness the last 15 years. And my list could go on and on.
The good news is:
I’m here today… happy, full of gratitude and I have peace……
Because I know who I am, and where I am going. I know that God lives and he has given me the gospel of Jesus Christ here and now to protect me, comfort me and give me strength.
We can feel peace even when hard and tragic things happen because of the atonement of Christ with the assurance and comfort it brings.
God is in charge.. His timing is perfect. He is never early and never late. It takes a little faith and patience, but it’s worth it.
When I keep the commandments, try to be obedient, trust the lord in his timing, forgive and love others, try to see everything that happens with an eternal perspective and live the best life I can with the light and knowledge that I possess the Lord always helps me to have peace.
I know that Living the gospel doesn’t mean the storms of life will pass me by, but I will be better prepared to face them, and find the peace I am seeking. I also know that all things shall work together for my good, if I strive to be obedient, and endure to the end

4 comments:
Thank you. Precisely what I needed today.
I love my friend who is so wise.
I need this right now. Especially this part: "God is in charge.. His timing is perfect. He is never early and never late. It takes a little faith and patience, but it’s worth it." Because right now, I'm really hating the timing of this trial in my love. I want to hit the fast forward button and get through it all and get to the eternity part.
i've been reading this over and over. i love it and need to read it over and over ;) it's been a really rough 2 months, and i've been really putting in major WORK to find and maintain some peace and faith. thx for this post!
Post a Comment