My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, June 24, 2013

Cousins sleep-over

Mark needed help in the yard, and wanted to pay his grandsons instead of our usual workers.. He paid them $8.00 an hour to work for 3 hours. Then it was play time. I took Christian and Dakota to the movies and we saw the magic movie: "Now you see me". THEY LOVED IT!!!!!
We went swimming and hung out in the pool till dark. We went to Black bear diner and had lunch.
I told them they could pick out a treat and to decide what they wanted for dinner. They said "Grandma anything is fine". I got anxious when they wouldn't make a decision.. So we were passing the freezer department and I said what about frozen dinners? (thinking I would get a rise out of them) instead they said cool!! A frozen dinner is like a treat, because they never do it. Christian wanted 3 cheese lasagna and Dakota ordered Roasted Chicken with veggies. Too funny!!
Soooo much fun. These two teens could talk for ever.


A couple of days later Christian had his 14th birthday party in our yard. It was a dive-in.
They served pizza and had a shark cake, that was yummy.









(the movie was Jaws) and Liz decorated the yard in shark themed decorations.





My DIL Liz should be in a business planning fun parties...Because she does "over the top parties" better than anyone I know.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Love the theme for the party. That's awesome.

I also love that frozen dinners were a treat. I recently took my boys to pick out their own dinners, and that's what they chose too. Funny.