My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Saturday, August 9, 2008

THE FAMILYHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PARENTS....

You can see I had many eyes following me around this week ......

Justin and Cindy went to Las Vegas for their work with "Isagenix"..They asked me to help out with the kids...

I have a new appreciation for each of my kids and their wives and their growing families..It's hard work to raise children that are grateful, kind to each other, and stand up for truth and right.. PLUS..take them to football practice, lagoon, birthday parties, the rec center, mutual, and school ..Not to mention their friends....The Heugly home was the most popular house on the street...At one time I counted 10 friends at the house at the same time...


When you tend, you know what your little ones are made of..I'm happy to report that not only do I adore Justin and Cindy's kids, I'm proud to be related...

I started off with challenging the kids with several challenges...

#1..The good act jar

The kids were to catch each other doing good acts.....

At the end of my stay the winner got a prize..

The winner was Mckinzie, followed by a close Mckay, Lauren and Mike..

I bought Kinz a cake that said "Good job", lemonade, fingernail polish, lip gloss, and her Fav. Chips.. The others got a treat..No one was left out..This was fun and it encouraged the kids to notice kind acts, and want to to do them themselves..

Next I challenged the kids to different things according to their age...

McKinzie was challenged to help me learn to do videos on my camera and download them on my blog...
Mission accomplished...Notice her background of David Archuleta..She was so excited that he won most crazed fan award on the teen critic award show..

Mckay was challenged to share his art work with me, and help me figure out how to blog with my pics. using the letters in Heugly.
Well done Mckay

Lauren was challenged to make a cake and frost it..She also learned how to make g-mas tarts with jam.. Perfecto..The cake was gone in 2 days..The tarts were gone in 1 hr.

The little ones were asked to make up a rap song or draw a pic. ( not so much)

Our last challenge was to take pics. of the fun things we did and then post them on my blog under the letters H.E.U.G.L.Y. (hope this works)
H HAPPY meals at McDonalds

McKinzie HELPING the kids on the swing.. HAPPY brothers
Lauren and McKay dancin to some HIP HOP music



Kinz and Lauren HIP HOPPIN AROUND....


E
Kids EATING EGG salad sandwiches ( their most Favorite)

U Here they are UNITED on the balance beam at Discovery park..

Mckay UPSIDE down on the tramp doing a flip

Lauren UPSIDE DOWN as well doing a flip..

G The kids and I went miniature GOLFING...( I won)
Hunter and Chris playing GAMES at Trafalga... The kids were GREAT at playing games and won lots of tickets..
L
Here we are at the bowling LANES at Jack and Jills...Once again (I won) Chris wasn't happy about his score..

We had LUNCH at the Discovery Park..We ate sandwiches, chips, grapes, and doughnuts..Chris went to lagoon with a friend..So we Brought Easton, a cousin to the park with us.. Hunter LAYING OUT .....

Socks ( the dog) got off his LEASH and was LOST for over an hour..(with lots of help and prayers we found him..



Y
The kids played on the slip and slide in the YARD...
More Chillin in the YARD..

I caved in and said YES to letting Kinz and McKay drive around the church parking lot...


As you can see we had a great time. At the end of the week I was exhausted, but it was a good tired....Justin and Cindy have wonderful children..They sincerely look out for each others welfare. There is a lot of love in this home...


Thanks for letting me fill up my well, it was gettin a little low....


I love you guys...




8 comments:

The Heugly 8 said...

Thank you Mom, we had a lot of fun on our trip. Especially knowing that our kids were taken care of. I can't believe you fit all that in plus all the practices the kids had. I have a great love and appreciation of what you and dad did for us growing up. The song from Trace Adkins Your gonna miss this probably means a little more after watching my kids for few days. It must of brught back a few memories of running us five boys around. I really appreciate all you did. The kids were asking when you could come back. They really enjoyed all the good food and fun times.

Love ya
Justin and Cindy

Liz and Jake said...

Looks like a blast! My kids want a turn with grandma sleeping over at their house!! How about September 1-30?!? LOL

Joe and Marci said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the HEUGLY pics, it reminded me of your alphabet book.
I'm glad you had fun, you're right - they are amazing kids!

Joe and Marci said...

Mom,

Do you want to babysit me?

Joe

Brittany said...

Sue, I love the pics of all their eyes!! And the upside-down-flying ones on the tramp... My barbie, by the way, is not a real one, just a joke. But I am shocked at some of the ones i've seen... what happened to the old days? All we had was astronaut and malibu barbies, and our corvettes and motorhomes!

Brooke said...

You are such a good grandma Sue. Your grandkids are lucky to have you guys as grandparents!

Unknown said...

Looking at these pictures makes me homesick for the fun times I had with the Heugly family. Sue, you are truly a great mother and grandmother.

Miss and love you guys,
Debbie

Sue said...

Debbie, I can't believe it..How are you? Do you have a blog? I hear your family is doing great.Can you believe how big Justin and Cindy's kids are?

Keep in touch