HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER...
In order to understand the love I have for my brother, you would have to understand how much this boy was wanted.....
My dad LOVED his girls......Good thing for us because we were born first...Susan, Rhonda, Leslie and then Robyn...
The story goes that my mom and dad both prayed for a son...Their prayer was answered. My brother was born and named after my dad. I remember Pres. James E. Faust saying that he never met a dad more happy to have a son...
Our whole family was so excited to finally have a son and a brother....We took pictures of Wally to show and tell at school, because we loved him so much and thought he was so cute. We wanted to share him with our school mates.
My brother was good at everything..In high school he lettered in Basketball, baseball and football.
He was on the honor roll..Can I just say "smart".....And handsome..Seriously he had it all..He was a loving and kind brother..He doesn't have a mean bone in his body..To this day he will help any stranger on the street..His heart is made of gold.
Wally's sense of humor is the funniest...You need a good laugh? My brother can take any situation and make it funny.
Wally brought so much joy to our family, that my love for him only grew through the years..I remember going for pony rides..Every week, we did this because it made my brother happy..(As I recall Wally had rheumatic fever and couldn't go swimming, so my parents tried to find things he liked to do). Then we would drive to the canyons to throw rocks in the river..
As I look back on those years, I guess their could have been a little jealousy, because my parents loved their son so much...But their was nothing but love..
My brother is the proud father of 2 sons...Josh and J.J. and 3 gorgeous daughters...Whitney, Jackie, and Paige..Wally is the husband to Jill (one of Wally's many guardian angels).... Wally also has several g-kids that he adores..
If you ask my sisters about Wally, they will all get choked up, because they love their one and only brother. And when you ask why they love him so much?? They will all say... because he reminds them of their dad..Who was our Knight in shining armor, and our Hero. Our dad to us was batman, and superman, he was Michael Jordan, and the Gladiator...He embodied all that was good and honorable...You my brother are that same person..




I hope you know how much your family loves you......
Isn't this the big one Wall?


4 comments:
Funny, this sounds like my house, except I think we waited one more girl than you all, My husband loves his girls to death, but you can see a sense on testostrone love in the boys.... Hb. Wally.
Yay Wall! It's just "feezing" in here... inside joke... Sue, i love all your pics, and your post yesterday. it's so true about wally- happy bday!
Happy Birthday Wally, I've always looked up to my Uncles. I always wanted to be the athlete and comedian that Wally is. I've seen how much he loves his boys and he adores his girls. You can judge someone by their fruits and you can honestly say I've never met kids who are so kind and respectful. It was sure nice seeing JJ and you guys on the 4th.
Love Justin
Mom,
This is an awesome post about Wally! I just crack up seeing the old pictures of him, because I can remember jokes he would say or how he made everyone laugh.
Great Post!
Post a Comment