Leslie had always wanted to be a mother, and lucky for her and her children that came to pass..She is the mother to Brittany, Lance jr., Dallas, Matthew, and Houston..


She loved everything about motherhood. She was attentive to their needs, she listened to every word, and she was always aware of what her kids were doing...NOTHING got past her.
It paid off because her children are a blessing and they all honor her to this day.
It's true, that your children come to earth with their strengths and weaknesses..Its also true that we as parents can't take the credit or the blame with how they turn out..
But I will say this, if anything could have been done to save or protect her kids Leslie did it. All her children have chosen righteous lives..All her sons have served missions..So far all have had Temple marriages..Britt ( the only daughter) is exceptional..To be born in a house full of testosterone, you would have to be loaded up on your estrogen, just to survive....She more than survived, Britt is the glue, and keeps everyone connected..
Leslie is now g-ma to Lance the third, Rylie ( with Les in pic. above) and Epeli..





Now she cheers her children in the biggest game of all ..LIFE..She has prepared them to go out in the world and become parents and honorable adults..


I love you Sis..and wish you a very Happy Birthday..
Its been a very good life..Enjoy some of my Fav. pics of you and our family.

Leslie and Rhonda (totally talking about me..Whatever...)
You have much to be grateful for..Thanks for being such a great example to me and the family..
STOP...WORRYING....and enjoy the fruits of your labor...


9 comments:
Hb Leslie, I think you are wonderful, and you have done a great job with your children. Hats off you to babe.
that is fan-freakin-tastic! you are ON IT! were you just trying to beat me or what??
ps- that pic of my mom talking to rhonda on the couch- is that not just the typical face we make when we're talking??!?!!
ps- that pic of my mom talking to rhonda on the couch- is that not just the typical face we make when we're talking??!?!!
Mom,
This is an awesome tribute to a wonderful Aunt. I have always looked up to Leslie on how she raised her kids and how much love they have for her. I just feel bad that their love for their mom is only half of the love I have for mine.
Love ya,
Jake
I read this great post. I wasnt going to leave a comment until I read the comment your son left for you! That is the sweetest gift a mother could have! He's a great son, and I don't even know him.
I love all the pictures - your sisters are the best!
Happy Birthday Leslie!! I hope I can be as good a mom to my kids as you are to yours.
I love it, that is awesome, and Sue you are so thoughtful what a cool sister you are! Have fun at lunch today!
PS Les is the best, I'm so thankful for her and all she does, and especially for raising such a wonderful boy...my hubby! She's done an amazing job, and I admire her soooo much!
Post a Comment