My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I DON'T "GETS" IT....

O.K. maybe it was a senior moment, maybe I had mommy brain, or maybe it was menopause...
Or just maybe, maybe it was one of those unexplained mysteries...

All right!!! hold your horses, I'll tell you....3 weeks ago I got in my purse and grabbed my keys..

Are you all with me??? no problemo--- right? Just one tiny thing was wrong..They weren't My keys...Never seen them before in my life...
They sorta look like my keys but they obviously weren't...We'll they must be one of my kids right? No..no one had lost keys...I began replaying back my week, starting with a funeral..I called everyone that was there--no one had lost their keys..


Well, I sorta just wanted to throw them away, what are the chances of actually finding this person?..But the good Sue over ruled the bad Sue...I kept thinking someone is really missing these keys, How would I feel?..There was no name or identification...So I did what any of you would do..I looked at the scanner tags and decided to call Xcel..It had a number on the back..

I explained my dilemma, and gave the lady my name and phone number..I told her to have this person call me..2 weeks later--still no messages...Finally last night I get the call.."Do you have my Keys, this is So and So"? I said yes, I do...She said she lost them at the movies..I said that makes sense because at one of the movies we went to, I heard something drop...When I checked on the floor there was nothing..Weird but whatever...

The nice lady came to my door and got her keys..She was very appreciative..She even brought me a gift..

As we said our good byes and thank yous. I said "by the way what movie was it that we saw together?"...She said "W"... I said we never went to that movie..

I DON'T GETS IT...

The moral of this story is put your name and number somewhere on your keys just in case you go to a different movie than someone else and she happens to find your keys...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story. So, I'm dying to know what the gift was...Cute wrapping anyway!

Just stopped by, to "meet" you, from Devri's.

Sue said...

Thanx for stoppin by hotmamma..She gave me a silver compact for my purse with 2 mirrors..One was magnified (yeh!!)it was very nice.

Vicki Lynne said...

I'm so glad you found the owner of the "mystery" keys. You, indeed, went the extra mile. Have a great day!!!

shauna said...

That is a crack up! I bet it is one of those re-runs you'll want to see in heaven!

You were so nice to do that. And pretty clever to find her!

Joe and Marci said...

The good Sue is so nice!
Do you think she really went to HSM 3 with us, but was ashamed to admit it?

Brooke said...

I always knew you were a sweetheart!

tiki_lady said...

that is too funny, something like that would happen to me. I would be the one who lost their keys! I bet she was relieved to have her keys back. Do you know if I lose my key it will cost $200 to replace it. Because it has a computer chip in it