My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, November 24, 2008

My second favorite word...

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

This week is full of thanksgiving and blessings...I want to focus on the word Gratitude..This was one of my fav. words in 2007..I have chosen it as my 2nd word in my series of ten words that have changed my life. I have a plaque in my house to remind me to show gratitude..


GRATITUDE IS NOT ONLY THE GREATEST OF VIRTUES BUT THE PARENT OF ALL OTHERS--CICERO

Gratitude is more than saying thanks..Its more than an emotion..It's the substance of a heart ready to show appreciation or thankfulness..

Soooo.....Instead of listing things I'm thankful for..(that list would go on forever) I've chosen to share with you some of my Fav. memories about showing gratitude.

When Peach and Heather were expecting their First child..Heather had some health concerns..The doctors weren't quite sure what was wrong..Every day for 9 months I prayed that the baby and Heather would be o.k. When the baby came out healthy and strong and Heather was doing good, I was overwhelmed with gratitude..So I said another prayer and Thanked Heavenly Father for the blessing of this birth..But some thing didn't sit right with me..I pondered this miracle and realized that I needed to thank my Heavenly Father more than in just one little prayer of thanks.Soo for the next 9 months every day I thanked him for this baby and Heathers health..It was a powerful teaching moment to myself.
On Marks birthday or anniversary you will probably find me at the temple..That's a way I can Thank Heavenly Father for my husband..On one of those special days, Mark came home and told me he almost died in a car accident..I knew it was the Temple attendance and my gratitude that saved his life..

This past week I got a letter from Heather..She expressed gratitude for many things..But she specifically mentioned her wedding breakfast at Joseph Smith bldg..( 10 yrs ago) She said she couldn't remember if she thanked me..How nice to receive a letter like that.

Once I sent my young woman advisor a letter and thanked her 20 yrs. later for all her efforts in teaching me the gospel as a young girl..

Lots of times when I pray I just express gratitude and don't ask for anything..I love those prayers..We all have so much even when we are struggling..

"Some people grumble because roses have thorns..I am thankful that the thorns have roses.

Cultivate an attitude of Gratitude.

Have you had any ways shown you that were meaningful..As we celebrate thankfulness, lets not forget to show some gratitude...

3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Thank you for being such a great mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother. Thank you for yummy soup and breadsticks, and the best salad ever. Thank you for sending pie home for Joe. Thank you for all the time and love you give to our family. Thank you for being one of my best friends in the whole world. Thank you for reminding me to say thank you!

Sue said...

Oh shucks!!!!

That's not why I wrote this...But thank you ever so much!!

The lunches were about me showing gratitude to all my daughter-in laws..Whom I love with all my heart!!!

Thanx Marci

marcia@joyismygoal said...

That ism y favorite Gratitude Quote, it is on the wall at my mom's and I have forgotten to use it this year I am going to copy it I hope you do not mind.e of