

Today is Thursday..And for the next 10 weeks, I'm going to share with you some of my fav. words or thoughts that have changed my life..The first word is ADJUST...Isn't that a great word..How well do you adjust to the changes around you?? The happiest people I know can adjust to whatever happens..No matter what.
When Mark and I started our family we wanted 4 kids..2 boys and 2 girls...We got 5 boys!!
Of course we had to adjust to what the Lord wanted for us instead of what we thought we wanted..Oh yes!! we adjusted very well. I absolutely love my kiddos...I would be totally lost without any of them..They were meant for me..And I adore them..
After my twins were 2, and I miscarried another son (6) Mark and I decided to adopt a little girl..Years and thousands of dollars later we never got one..We tried and it just wasn't meant to be..We adjusted to the disappointment..
When Mark was 40 he had a very successful job...Changes were happening to the bank and Mark was fired...Two hrs. later he got another job..We had to adjust to making way, way, way less money...
My dad was going to live forever..He would be there for all my sons missions, and their marriages, and most important to see my g-kids.....He died at 64...Yes!! I had to adjust..He missed everything...But I know he is our guardian angel that surrounds the family..
Mark and I always dreamed that after all the kids got married we would have the most wonderful, playful life together...We missed out on some alone time when we got married at 19 and 23 and had 5 kids by the time I was 27....
finally we were about to get some dating time, finally we didn't have to worry about the kids and who they were dating...surprise!!!Our last son got married in Dec.. Two months later Mark got a virus that attacked his nervous system...For the past 91/2 yrs. we have been adjusting to a very big hiccup in our life......
Yes, adjust is such a good word.. Perhaps I have never lived in a time such as the one we are living..There is major "stuff" to adjust to..Will we do it well and be happy or will we fight everything, and ask why me? why now???

5 comments:
Great "Mom thoughts" every son, daughter-in-law (you finally got a bunch of girls, right?) and blogging strangers can learn from.
Adjust is a great word. It will have much more meaning. Thanks
Thanks I will adjust, and holy funny photos.
Come what may, and love it.
What a great post and it makes you realize that we need to be flexible for what life throws at us! I am going to use that term this weekend and adjust to my surroundings as need be!
Great word! It seems like I need to adjust often - sometimes I do it grudgingly. This is a great reminder that life doesn't always play out according to plan. But I'm glad you had your five boys, or else I'd be mighty lonely without number 5.
Post a Comment