My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The turkey wasn't the only thing gobbling up our week!!!

I've missed my blogging..But fortunately, its always here when I'm ready!!! It's my friend and companion, my faithful listener..Always laughs at my jokes and appreciates my long posts!!

My blogcation was wonderful...We had a funfilled, jam packed, holiday celebration..It began with a birthday luncheon for my daughter-in law Cindy...I have a lunch for the b-day girls on their b-days and all the daughter in-laws come over..We hang out and laugh and eat..

The next day however was very sad...Our dear Friend Grant had devastating news that his younger and only sister passed away..She left behind her husband, and 3 children...Nothing puts you in the mood to be grateful then attending a funeral..I did not know this woman, and I bawled my eyes out..It was a reminder of what matters the most..

On Wed. Our g-son Luke had a pilgrim program (the first thanksgiving) at school..We couldn't wait to go..(Interesting note)..Lukes teacher is a Katrina survivor..She came here for a new start and is teaching..When she introduced by name all her students she came to our g-son and said "and now I introduce the "famous Luke Heugly"..Evidently everyone knows and loves our little red head.


We then went to lunch with 2 of our sons..Later we went to see TWILIGHT with Joe and Marci's family...Yep! all 5 kids..They were angels..We loved the show.

Thanksgiving was unusual this year..It was the "off" year..All our kids went to their in-laws..Mark and I had a very romantic and intimate dinner alone...We loved it. We also loved it more when our kids came over later for left overs and game playing..

On Fri. we went to see 4 Christmases, and we did not like it at all. It just wasn't funny..Oh well we had fun..We went shopping and out to lunch.

On Sat. Ethan and Amy had their infamous Christmas party..We bring white elephant gifts (8 and older)..Our food this yr. was fantabulous..Bread bowls with 4 different soups..Potato, Broccoli, Tomato bisque and chili...Yummy!!! there were veggies, drinks candy, chex mix and brownies..

The kids were told there wasn't going to be santa this year.....Usually he comes bearing gifts to our party..



but we couldn't deal with the drama and the tears...soooo You better watch out, you better not pout, Santa is coming to town!!!!


And just look at who was Santa's little helper...Miss KoKo herself..She handed out the presents to the the little ones...My son Joe is santa every year and he and his wife Marci buy the presents for the kids..Pretty impressive.This was Dakota's first time being the helper...

After Santa we played our white elephant gift game...I know you are dying to know what I gave as my gift..My anniversary present that didn't fit..I decided to let the kids have some fun in getting the the very infamous outfit..
Beau wanted to say that his chin was definitely cuter than his g-pas. He also wanted say that everyone had a great time.. we stayed late and played games...We all had a very blessed and safe holiday week.
2008 was a very good year for the Heugly's

Spending time with family who love one another, is a great blessing to a mother...My children and their families are my greatest treasures..

Thank You sooo much Heavenly Father for the blessings and the memories...We love you ♥♥♥

6 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

I love your blog! What a beautiful family you have.

Ya know, sometimes its amazing how you will hear sad stories about folks you dont know and your right--you cry and your entire life will focus on that pain. It does bring us to the right place of what is truly important!

I'm Dawn from Wisconsin--mom of 5-3 grandchildren. I'm out visiting new blogs--something I do quite often. Please come visit me!

Joe and Marci said...

Those pictures are so great!!!! I love them all...what a great time we had. 'Tis the season for fun and parties and family. It really makes you appreciate what you have. Our hearts go out to those that are facing rough times right now...

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Wow what a fun week and what a beautiful Family you have that party sounds like such a blast. I would love to do that w/ all the family but no grand kids yet and I already know my oldest son will live out of state but maybe someday:)

Brittany said...

hey! talk about jam-packed!! what a fun week though. i haven't really written down our thanksgiving stuff yet (other than my joking one)... how fun for you!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fabulous memories are in the making at your house! Too fun and some great photos!

tiki_lady said...

wonderful, beautiful such good times and memories! I love your family!