My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We'll be home for Christmas...From our House--- to yours-- "Merry Christmas"..

We luv angels..
Father Christmas Tree
Victorian Tree
Sports tree
Flags representing all the countries we have visited.
Our white, silver and Red tree

a stocking for each of the g-kids

Santa worships Christ at our house
Its all about the kids
A santa my mother made for me years ago..
There's room for everyone
I take the pictures the kids give me each year and put magnets on the back , then put them on the fridge.. (just christmas pictures)

A shelf of many christmases past
I love quilts and these are some of my Christmas ones

My patriotic Tree

Patriotic hutch
Jake and Liz gave us this Santa to go in our Patriotic room

Kitchen tree with copper cookie cutters and ornaments from Belgium we brought home from a trip..
sparkly shiny cookie jars on our counter
Snowmen are invited to eat with us in our kitchen

One of our collections has been nutcrackers..

We have 2 Fairy and music trees in our living room
Fairies dance on our stairs
The reason for our season..The birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ


This is the snow baby tree

Our snow baby collection
In those clear ornaments hanging on the chandelier is a picture of each family, great grand parents and the savior..A special gift given to me from Marci..
I hand painted these wooden shoes when my kids were little..Each one depicts their personality.. Our Santa tree
My santa shelf...This house definitely believes in Santa

There's no place like home for the holidays..We love the Christmas season most of all. For the Heugly's our home is about memories and happy times..So when we put up our "memories" ( we don't call them decorations) you won't hear complaining from us..We do this because we want to and because it reflects on the many Christmases we have shared together..

Because I love you all I will share with you two tips that make our Christmas less stressful...

1. We store all our trees with ornaments on them..We have a closet on each floor that stores them..If I had to put lights on every tree and decorate them each yr.. We might have one tree.Most of the trees shown here are over 10 yrs, with the same lights on..

2. I don't wrap presents ..When our family got so big, I didn't want Christmas to be about opening gifts for hrs..The kids get onery and don't even care about what they get..Soo for yrs. this has been my money and time saver...

Bigger presents get Green garbage bags.. The beauty of the bags is when the party is over the dads simply grab the bags and put them in the cars..How easy is that..To each is own, but this has worked beautifully for us...One yr..I was getting the kids excited for the big day and Said its almost time to come over and get your presents.. To which Andrew said "Oh G-ma""
we get our garbage bags!! He was so excited..
We wish you all a safe and wonderful Christmas Season..
May we all take a moment to give thanks for the magic and the blessings in our lives.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woweeee! Your trees are amazing! I'm glad you said that you store them completely decorated because I cannot imagine even attempting that. Maybe when kids start leaving (and taking their stuff with them :) I'll have room/time for more than one tree. My tree has to be segregated for a few more years: lovely, breakable, victorian ornaments on the top and Plastic crap on the bottom. Better safe than angry all month.

Have a very Merry Christmas with your lovely family!

Brittany said...

soooo.... how come you didn't put up your christmas decorations?!?!?! have a tree why don't ya! i love them all...

marcia@joyismygoal said...

WOW what a lot of work i am so impressed how fun to come to Grandmas magical land of Christmas

tiki_lady said...

I wish you posted this so much earlier! Your house is Christmas and it reminds me so much of home! My mom too had many christmas trees and themes. I for a few years kept up with different themes but my children out numbered and my rooms stayed the same. I definitely felt the Christmas spirit here! I love the decorating. I love the ornaments with family pictures in them and how you displayed them.
Another favorite was all the flags from each country and I think my most favorite was where you hand painted the wooden dutch shoes!!! That is awesome!!
I can't believe you have that many grandchildren that is a lot of stockings on your banister. Thank goodness you have a big bannister!

I wish you a very merry christmas and a Happy new year!

Brooke said...

I love Chrismas decor. Yours is absolutely beautiful! Your house is always gorgeous. Good idea on the garbage bags!