My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Single Grandma tends 5 darling kiddos for a week!!

Beau did not smile at me before I tended..I'm just sayin!!


Beau had a question, I told him he didn't have to raise his hand!

He was anxious to show me his rapper move!! hey dude waassup?

lickin those chops for more sweet potatoes!


What can I say he was a real pussy cat!

Little Camri being a princess in her homeade princess tent

That's more like it..At least 4 dolls





Camri went from playin dolls to dressing up in funny do's for the hair!!
Poor KoKo--she had pink eye, sore throat and an earache..


she was so bored being sick that she invented a belt with hands--because I wouldn't let her touch anything..Way to go creative girl!!
This is Colins pirate tent--to go with his pirate costume and pirate island!!







Cams and Colin havin treats in their tent!
spicey chips!!
we made delish cupcakes!!


Darlin little Emma--I told the kids they could each bring downstairs their fav. things..Check out

Emmas lap♥♥ can you stand it? a pic. of me and gramps!

It was a fun week with the kids..But this picture sums things up pretty well..I caught Camri just lookin at her mom and dad's picture, when she didn't see me looking at her..Yes mommy and Daddy were surely missed.
Thanks guys for the memories, and I absolutely appreciate all you do for my precious g-kids!!
They know that I luv them with all my heart♥♥♥

3 comments:

Devri said...

yay! YOur survived!!!


Now go take a LOOONNNNNGG vacation woman. lol


I can believe that you two on are on her lap.. I want you on my lap too. (photo of course) ;0)

I love you, but I love the fact that Jesus was in her 5 favs more..

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Joe and Marci said...

Oh Grandma, how do we love thee? Let me count the ways:
1) You were definitely a "Yes" Grandma.
2) We enjoyed ourselves more knowing that the kids were in good hands.
3) You were a champ- by yourself with sick kids, babies up all night, back-up no shows. Not to mention that the house was spotless and the laundry was done when we got home!!
4) The day after we got home, Colin looked sad. I asked him if he missed you and he said, "Yes. Maybe Grandma can be my mom." :)
It didn't hurt my feelings one bit.
My kids loved every minute with you and will treasure that week for the rest of their lives.
Thank you for being so wonderful!!!

tiki_lady said...

you are a saint! 5 kiddos and one was sick! OHHHH, but I know you had fun and they did too and I think it is so sweet no matter how much fun you have with them nothing replaces mom and dad! what a tribute to them as parents!