My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, February 2, 2009

Movie Monday

Mark and I rented several movies this past weekend. The one I highly recommend is a movie called "Fireproof"..It's a relationship movie. It shows what to do in a struggling marriage.

It's a must see even if your marriage is "perfect"..It brought great conversation afterwards with Mark and I. It's the "love dare" that I found fascinating....

Apparently this movie with a paltry $500,000 budget and its 80s teen idol (Kirk Cameron, who only does family movies) has surprised everyone at the box office since it "collected more than $33 million -- and was the biggest-grossing indie movie of 2008."
"The Love Dare," a book that is a plot device in the movie and, now a best-seller, has been adopted as a marriage-enrichment curriculum in thousands of American churches."

Enjoy!!!!

4 comments:

Devri said...

sounds wonderful, I will go rent it with out my husband knowing and make him watch it.. hee hee..

Brittany said...

hey- i haven't seen fireproof yet, but i saw a Dr. Phil one day and he had the director and main actor on his show- they were talking about marriage and christianity and about the film, and dr phil said it's one everyone should see! we'll have to watch-

chelle said...

Sounds great. Can always work on the old marriage. M

SuperCoolMom said...

I'll have to check it out! I have been loving The Ultimate Gift. I borrowed it from a friend and we've watched it about 5 times this week! Another really great, clean movie with an awesome message.