My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Size doesn't matter when giving from the heart.....






I may not have been able to give my husband a helicopter for Fathers day. But I did manage to give a heartfelt one.


I ordered prints from walmart on line-- of places we have visited and pictures of our yard.

I then went to the store and bought note cards that were blank with the envelopes (zurchers). (4x6)

I attached the pictures to the front of the cards. I now have personalized note cards that I can use for weddings, funerals get well, or whatever..

I gave these to my husband because we both like to send cards. (who doesn't want to receive one in the mail?)

cost: about .50 a card--at the store $1-3.50

I made about 100 note cards...They are the coolest

============================

The other gift Mark loved was his memory book. I also did this from walmart. (If you go to the camera bar) on the counter for free is a disc. that you download on your computer and then you can order prints from home, and make memory books.

My hub is totally into our yard and gardening. So I made him a book with pictures of our home and yard and garden. I found quotes that went with each picture.



Cost: about $20.00


Many of the other companies are more expensive than this. I was pleased with the results. I'm planning on making more note cards and memory books.


"Do give books---They're never fattening, seldom sinful and permanently personal"..

========================


"It's not the size of the gift that matters but the size of the heart that gives it"...

♥♥♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a great gift!

And I loved your pics to NYC! Looks like a fabulous time!

tammy said...

Great ideas!

I have been having the hardest time getting on your blog again. Weird. I feel like I have to type quick before I get kicked off!

Love all the pics of your family. The pic of them napping sideways on their bed made me laugh.

Michael and Natalia said...

Great post, Sue. Thank you for sharing. We love personal, meaningful gifts, too!!
(especially when they don't cost much.. hehe)

Lance and Becky said...

What great gifts, and such fabulous ideas...which you always have! They are beautiful, what a great gift

Anonymous said...

I bet this is one of his most treasured gifts yet! How cool is that?!?

Plus, I think everyone loves receiving good mail. There's nothing quite like a hand written card!

kado! said...

You did AWESOME!!!! Love, love, love the gift idea! I'm sure he did too!!!

I ♥ to make cards...it is my favorite hobby...I think because I love sending and receiving good mail!!

I love the book you made also! I have made on on Shutter-fly and had a blast making it...and loved the final book too!

Joe and Marci said...

Cool gifts! Is that flag picture from your front yard? I really need to try doing the book because who doesn't love getting a book?
P.S. Thank you for your nice comments on my blog. Love you!

shauna said...

I have been thoroughly enjoying your blog tonight. It is full of wisdom, love, faith and creativity. Someday I would love to be like you.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you for the compliments on my photography. My camera is a canon 40D. I love it. Someday, I just might marry it. Except, then I would be a polygamist. So, nevermind.