My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Things I learned this time visiting New York..


Tiger Woods likes the same exact sandwich we do!! an open faced Rueben with saurkraut pastrami and melted cheese at the Stage Deli (minus the beer, for us)




Mark and I were shocked how many "cabs and Restaurants" were cash only"(that's right no credit cards accepted).
Thank heavens we learned this lesson early on the trip and didn't make that mistake again..

We went to see a broadway show. It was called Mary Stuart

Those of you who are English history buffs know the story of Mary Queen of Scots and Queen Elizabeth I. Both Queens were born to rule. Only one can claim the English Throne. The play does an outstanding job of expressing this complicated and storied rivalry in English History. We loved this play.. And...there was no swearing, or nudity
which is rare in many of the broadway shows now adays.


We went to a famous restaurant in the city called Fresco. run by the Scotto family. Many celebrities frequent this place... The food was "FABULOUS".... I learned that you can ask the waiter for a certain recipe of a certain dish that you loved, and he might say "NO". But then again he might have a cook book for sale with the very recipe you desire. Yes it cost me $40.00 but it was worth it.. The recipe I wanted was eggplant, zuchinni pie..seriously one of the best dishes ever!!!!! a few others in the cookbook I'm definitely going to try is chocolate carrot cake with crm. cheese frosting....crab cakes with avacado salsa....lemon zuchinni bread...maple zuchinni bread...and heart shaped banana caramel napoleon.. yummo!!!



While in central Park, I learned it's good to ask a complete stranger to take our picture..(she was a professional photograper and was wealthy on info. about the park. She gave us the information about where John Lennon used to live..


================================

We love New York.. the crazy, the bizarre, the cultural and the beautiful!!!

8 comments:

Jan said...

Whew! I was worried about the beer shot. :) joking.

How fun. Everything looks great. I can't believe how many cabs either. Crazy yellow. Glad you found a decent play to go to as well.

Good times in NYC.

Anonymous said...

It's only 8:36 a.m. but that reuben is calling my name!

Joe and Marci said...

Yeah, that reuben DOES look good! I'm glad you guys had fun, but it's nice to have you back :)

Brianna said...

Sue oh my goodness! I can't even begin to describe to you my love for New York City!! I'm so jealous I was not there with you... for sure. Glad you had fun though :)

tammy said...

How lucky to have gotten a photo from a pro.

Thoes recipes sound delish.

Cash only? That is so weird.

Devri said...

Never been. Jelous! Glad you had a great time.

hey go enter my blog for a chance to win a IPod Touch!

hugs

shauna said...

Howz about next trip, you pack me away in your suitcase and you and your hubby can be in ALL the pictures 'cause I'll be your personal photographer/paparazzi. Ya. That sounds like a fabulous idea.

kado! said...

That is A LOT of MEAT....WOW!!!! That could make 20 sandwiches!!!

mmmm....that recipe of the chocolate carrot cake sounds good...you'll have to try it out and share it with us if it turns out as incredible as it sounds!!!

glad you had fun!!!