I love Memorial day for several reasons: It was one of dad's favoriteholidays. We always visited the graves and told stories, and we always got together as a family, usually at a park and celebrated family and love. All the cousins, aunts and uncles were invited, and there was lots of food, games and laughter.
♥
When my Dad died in 1991 the parties ended. All the families started doing their "OWN thing"..But the Heugly's have continued the tradition of visiting graves, recalling stories and celebrating togetherness..
♥
I miss you dad every single day, I will never forget you or the many who sacrificed their lives so we could be with our families on such a day as MEMORIAL DAY and show love to one another.


4 comments:
Wow, those pictures are awesome! I'm glad my boys were able to go with you guys. They are surely being watched over by those who went before us. Love you!
Love the pictures! I was smacking myself for not grabbing mine while we were out decorating!!
And the one of Arlington at Christmas is beautiful.
great pictures!!and a great tradition to pass on.
Love this post.
Post a Comment