My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 31st Festivities...













































































































All 5 brothers showed up with their families to our annual Memorial party. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, potato salad, baked beans, fresh fruit, and tons of treats.


We swam, played baseball, watched movies, played bows and arrows...we enjoyed each other and laughed. I'm so grateful to have had yet another year with my precious family to celebrate life and love.


Memorial day 2010 was one to remember...

6 comments:

mCat said...

It looks like so much fun! Neither of our families were interested in getting together. Bummer. Can I be adopted? : )

Joe and Marci said...

What a fun day! I'm glad we were able to be there...even if I had to take sick-boy home early. We have such an awesome family! Thanks for all you do for us :)

tammy said...

Looks like the perfect day. Love the sleeping baby pic. And the flag chairs. I want some of those.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great holiday. We did too. Some folks got here that have not been here for a couple of years. Sometimes it is hard to get everyone home. Blessings to you and family.
QMM

tiki_lady said...

you know my dh could fit in as one of your sons! he's very white and blonde haired too, and he fits in with them! I'm sure you just don't remember that you adopted him, but you did!

Ethan & Amy said...

One of these kids is doing his own thing. He's so hot right now.

Great pictures and what a good time it was.