My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, June 14, 2010

Visited New York in May...and Yes!!!! in June too♥♥

Visual Poetry - ImageChef.com





First time we saw the zoo in Central Park...












We love taking pics. of the architecture and many different bldgs.






below is Trump bldg. with trees growing on the roof


We love all the churches






We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel...My friend Heidi and her brother happened to be in New York at the same time and staying in the same Hotel..
We all went out to breakfast together♥


Heidi and her brother Christian brought a high school music group to New York to perform


Heidi serves with me in my church calling



Another night Mark and I went to dinner with friends..There were 7 of us..The bill was $570.00


It's called the ShunLee Palace...One of New Yorks finest Chinese restaurants..


Mark bought all the girls the cookbook from the restaurant...guess I'll be cooking up some yummy chinese food.

Some of our friends Val and Maria




I happened to bring my oriental jacket on the trip...didn't even know we were going to be eating oriental food...so!! I guess I matched the theme of the palace.


Mark sporting his new black shirt he bought that day....



Mark tryin to take our picture in front of the mirror while holding the camera




Another place we hadn't been was Bryant Park
It was very quiet and had lots of tables and chairs for people to sit and talk..










havin a coke break!!!

We went to see "Come Fly away" at the Marriott Marquis
no dialouge...just dancing and music by Frank Sinatra..It was up for a Tony this year

billboards in time square




We spent a few days in Brooklyn



views of the city from Brooklyn...The empire state bldg. It was very humid this day


The statue of Liberty



One of our favorite houses along the promenade..


Mark bought me an ipad for Mothers day...This was the first trip I used it on....loved it...It has all my photos, my favorite music, the internet, games, and I downloaded my scriptures and books that I want to read..It has everything. For me, much better than taking my ipod, lap top and books to read...
While we were in New York my oldest son turned "40".....Happy Birthday Justin, I love you..You are a wonderful husband, father son, brother and friend♥♥

4 comments:

tammy said...

Love all the pics as usual. You always do so good at taking pics. I always forget to take them.

Wow, $570 for dinner....I'm sitting here figuring out the tip for that check!

Scrappy Girl said...

Gorgeous photos! I want to go back to NYC and find all the places from the Real Housewives of NYC...lol. Glad you had another good trip...you are Mark are such a cute couple.

tiki_lady said...

My children and I were just discussing a time to fly out to NYC! I adore that place and while in NC used to fly out every other week just for lunch. It is one of my most favorite cities ever. I love you got to meet up with friends.
Would you go back to the Shum Li? I haven't eaten there but have been in restraunts as pricey and I would definitely go back in a heart beat!
I love mark's black shirt! It looks really nice on him!

tiki_lady said...

one last thing! I want the Ipad too! lucky girl, lucky girl!