My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

part 2..... of May's enjoyment


ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

My niece Britt, married a wonderful man from Fidji named Suka..As part of their customs, and family traditions the First Year Birthday is the one to celebrate in a big way...


So we were invited to Loraini's Luau 1st Birthday Party....






The birthday girl wanted to grab the flame on the cake....Mom, put a stop to that in a hurry. Raini didn't like that too much...



Raini and dad just chillin





There was pork and cabbage, barbecued chicken, rice, yummy salad, rolls, drinks, treats and this beautiful cake that Brianna made. The bottom layer was chocolate and the top layer was white...The food was sooo good.






love the grass skirting on the stairs





Fam..chillin




Beau just checkin out other cousin toys...




we were inside and outside..perfect weather for the perfect birthday




our little Annie



Rachelle and Candisse, my other nieces that I love so much!!!



Birthday girl's mom sitting down and Becky behind her





KoKo and Emma





Me and Joe..















Houston and beautiful girlfriend...




Matt and Briana and Rylie

Thanks Britt and Suka, It was a wonderful party



Tea for 12
Our grand-daughter Alex loves to have a tea party...She
has been planning this one for some time..Here's a picture of Sammy (on the left) and Alex on the right..Decked out in their matching outfits and some of my sunglasses..




here's the girls with their hats and glasses for the guests if they wanted to wear them..



My DIL (LIZ) had the house decorated so darling, with tea cups and saucers at each place setting..

Check out this food for little kids...seriously I want some right now..How good does this look? Check out the cupcakes.






they played pin the teapot..



Christian, Samantha and Alexandra



Liz read a cute story to the kids...





my other grand-kids Leah and McKenna




Jake and Bridger chillin in the other room, while the party was going on...


Thanks Liz and Alex for inviting me to your Tea Party...It was the best.



Relief Society Acitivty

My Relief Society gals got together, bringing their favorite spring salads...We shared recipes. It was a fun time eating and laughing together.




(part 2 of May's Treasure moments)

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Great gobs of F.U.N.! Love those flower plates filled with candy...yum!

tiki_lady said...

so so much fun! I have truly missed reading you and so glad I have time to do so. I love LOVE your daughter in law's LIz's taste in decorating! It is sooo me! I like the rich woods, the darker tones and just a touch of ornate. This new house, just didn't have that vibe.

tiki_lady said...

what a fun birthday party! I love a big luau! and that tea party had the perfect little treats.