My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve....


Christmas Eve is quiet at our house. We have
Christmas day with all our kids. So the other
families get Christmas Eve.
It has always worked for us.
Mark and I share a quiet afternoon meal and open presents.
We have always done it on the Eve of Christmas.
I share with you some of my favorite things from Mark
this year.
I am  always  surprised by his generous thoughtful gifts.
This year I love my new scarf hutch he bought me.
It's so cute, and old. Just the way I like things.


o.k. I really wanted this. I found this on pinterest
and on Cheri's blog.
It's an antique leaded window. I put all the Christmas
cards with pictures we received on it.
I'm going to use it for new pictures, invitations etc.
I love it, and so does Mark.
Cheri..The greatest form of flattery is imitation.
We live in different states, I hope this is OK.
It's the cutest idea ever.

Here's my stash!


When Mark asked me what I wanted
for Christmas I said "nothing...Give me a love note".
When he gave me this necklace he said it was a love note
that I can wear daily.
On the front is a saying of  "I AM"..to remind me that
the savior is always with me. The other meaning to the necklace
is found on the other side. It says better with you.
Mark says " I am better with you"..

I know.... sweet huh?


This is an antique ring that belonged to Marks aunt.
It has diamonds and sapphires on it. I loved it.
Like I said I love old things.

 Christmas Eve night we went to Joe and Marci's house.
They host a party
 with Marci's family every Christmas Eve day. But they always have
us come over in the night, to see the kids Jammie's, have a light
supper, sing Christmas carols and read the Christmas story.

While at Joe and Marci's house they gave us a present.
A book that they published of their testimony
of the Book of Mormon.
They chronicled their experience 5 pages at a time, sharing their favorite
versus, stories and their Testimony that the scriptures are true.
How cool is this?.
To know my children walk in truth and love their Heavenly Father
is the greatest gift of all.
I have read all 139 pages.
What a priceless keepsake!
Love you guys♥


Christmas Eve 2011 was a memorable one.

2 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Thanks for coming over and reading with us, the kids are always so excited to show you their jammies :). The whole week was so fun, I'm kind of going through withdrawals...

tammy said...

I love that you have so many scarves that you needed a hutch for them!

That book....priceless! What a thoughtful gift. And the necklace too. Very sweet.