My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 2012


No January Blahs....Just Ahs!!!!! for me.
In a word GRATEFUL!!!
2011 was challenging but bless.ed
I loved every single moment.
*
As I wrap up my posts for 2011 I'm reminded of what really mattered to
me and how much I love Heavenly Father.
I can't say blessings without
 acknowledging whom all blessings came from.
*
 Now as I go forward with 2012
I look forward to the New Year.
I've decided to not focus on goals that I'm not going to keep,
but rather on some things that I am going to work on.

1. I will focus on what is sufficient for my needs.
A home, food, clothing, exercise
and daily scripture study and enough
bounty to share with others.
(time to get rid of excess)
Things that bring me joy or beauty or have
significant meaning to me
 and my family are exceptions to the rule.

2. Forgive everyone. This is a hard one.
But if it's a goal and I'm seeking to be better, it will come.

3. Stop expecting..
If I have no expectations I can't be disappointed.
If my family, friends or myself aren't where I want them to be
 I will love and pray for help. People disappoint.
I disappoint. I will try harder!!!!!!

4. Enjoy life, and do what I love more..
Spend quality time with my family.
With Individuals, more one on one time.

5. Write my history.
I want to finish this. It's begun, now just keep on going
and enjoy the time to reflect on my beautiful and blessed life.

**********
Contentment and gratitude...
A good start to 2012 


The following 5 posts are my wonderful Christmas memories..

4 comments:

CB said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to start the year - Doing things that continue to improve - I feel the same way!

Joe and Marci said...

Those are great! It's going to be a good year, I can tell.

tammy said...

Great list! All things I need to work on as well.

Mark Hayward Heugly said...

Mark's list:

1. Focus more on God
2. Focus more on Sue
3. Repeat