My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Saturday, April 21, 2012

A "Grand" performance....

 
I guess you could say I have "guest writer"
on my blog today.
 My son Ethan sent this to me, and I had to have it be part of my
history.
One proud daddy of his daughter.
Way to go Kaeli.
Thought you might like to see what your dad said about you!
(Mark issued a challenge to several of our oldest grandkids. If they
completed their goals, we would take them to Hawaii)
This was in response to Ethan's email telling us whether Kaeli made it.
 
 
 
 
"On a related note, last night Kaeli was inducted into the national honor society. You have to do service in the community, have a teacher sign off, display, citizenship, scholarship, and maintain at least 3.7 GPA. Oh by the way taking AP classes. And oh by the way in middle of high school athletics where she just completed the basketball season. Where she practiced 6 days a week and many nights didn't get home until after 10:00. And oh by the way where you think basketball is done, think again. She plays 3 games every week with the team still. 2 Games at West, 1 at Cottonwood, and tonight at Skyline this week alone. And oh by the way for the last month she's been on the track team. And oh by the way last Saturday competing in Logan for a state wide invitational in 300m hurdles, because her times were good enough to qualify for State.. Yes hurdles! And oh by the way while staying strong and doing good in seminary. And oh by the way being in the presidency in Laurels. And oh by the way getting her first kiss. And oh by the way sending 10,000 text a month. Without being able to text during school, after 9:00, or on Sundays. And oh by the way going on her first high school dance. And oh by the way driving! And oh by the way being a beautiful example and extraordinary sister for siblings.

And oh by the way making me a very proud father! Well deserved trip for my great daughter. Thank you for rewarding her. "

1 comment:

Joe and Marci said...

I love Kaeli! What a great tribute from her dad. I hope and pray my girls turn out like her, I'm glad they have such a wonderful cousin-example!!