My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter part 5--the Egg contest

Before showing our eggs we all take a seat and wait for the youngest to begin.




Let the procession begin: Annie our littlest


Batman Bridger


Beau has the colorful car


Camri out did herself..
You can't see very good but this is a roll of toilet paper with the holder and all.


 Clown by Alex


 Hot tubbing it Colin


What does the fox say-by Leah


snorkler Emma


 Hot air balloon Sammy


 Hunter with the chick egg


Dallas-- x-box

 Harry Potter wand by KoKo


 Where is Waldo?


Chris did the watermelon egg


 Sierra did the bird egg


Kenna did the frozen globe from Frozen.. I voted for this one


Mike did angry birds


Can't see it very good, but Drew came out in dark suit and his badge is the egg.
Representing being a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.
Of course I voted for this one too.


Kaeli was sporting a boot on her foot she hurt playing basketball,
 so she made an egg wearing the same boot as her.


a diving egg by Lauren


I loved McKinzie's U of U egg


Wait for it... tiny bubbles all over the room


rubber duckie in the bubble bath


Olaf from Frozen by Joe
(Voted for this one too)


Jake did Daffy duck with the voice and miss daisy duck


Amy did a graduation egg with diploma and cap
(Kaeli graduates this year)


Marci had on glitzy slippers to match her pair egg slippers (very creative)


Ethan had the Heisman trophy (never been done)


Becky did a bird egg


Justin came in swinging his egg and singing "wrecking ball"


Mine was the quote bale egg with a ribbon wrapped around it like it was a gift.
The quote said we all have a gift, but some never open theirs.


Grandpa did the golden egg representing the 50th year anniversary of the contest


And the top 3 winners were:
Mike- Angry birds...Andrew missionary badge--and Justin with the wrecking ball


And the grand prize goes to Andrew


Here are some quick pics of the eggs up close:


























Leah and gramps having some fun




A very wonderful day..
Now if you don't mind I'm going to clean up and then have a nap!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The creativity is amazing and I love seeing the costumes that match the eggs. Such a fun tradition. Thanks for sharing! TRADITION