The other day on the early show it said that americans waste $1,200.00-$1,500.00 a year on wasted thrown out food..And because I believe everything I read and hear I know that this is probably true..This is bad news..
The good news is I have the best recipe for chicken salad and almost all of it was leftover in my fridge...
Original Chicken orange cranberry salad recipe:
8 baked chicken tenders shredded
1 small can mandarin oranges
1/4 c. craisins
3 Tbs. Mayo
Chill and serve
Chill and serve
Sue's better and more delish.. chicken salad:
I Used the leftover chicken from my rotissorie chicken(or any left over chicken)
couple of palms of craisins
1/2 can mandarin oranges
cut up celery
red onion (just a little)
pine nuts ( but cashews, almonds, or any nut will do)
enough mayo to moisten
s&p to taste
(my first photo of my own food)
Serve alone or with bread to make a sandwich...(potato chips and cream cheese brownies optional)
*****I love rotissorie chicken, but usually throw it out before we eat it all..With this recipe, that doesn't need to happen..Also you could use any fruit..Left over grapes or apples..By now you get the idea, right???
enjoy....

3 comments:
I'll be tryin' this- good idea.
MMMMMM! I'm tryin this one out! Love chicken salad! Thanks Sue! keep the recipes comin!
I'm trying this salad out on the
14th. So it's great. Love easy things.
Post a Comment