My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm having a "nothing" day...

4 things you can't recover:

The stone.... after the throw

the word....after it's said

the occasion....after it's missed

the time...after it's gone



This past week has been filled with tears, joy and celebrations.


Today my first "nothing day" in quite a while is being used to ponder and reflect about this life of mine, in one week.


My oldest twin g- children turned 16


Went to the funeral of a friends daughter who passed away


Went to a open house for another dear friend who has a short time to live


My sisters and I took my mom out to dinner for her 80th birthday


I had lab work done, reminding me of how fragile life is and to remember the thyroid cancer they found yrs. ago


Had a "surprise birthday party for my mom" which lasted 12 hrs. All her "people" came to wish her a happy birthday


Went to a friends wedding for her son


Was surprised at church when my son and his family showed up to join us for sacrament mtg.


Went to dinner at my sons house ( every yr. for mothers day) had ribs, baked pot. ceasar salad and strawberries for dessert


talked to all my sons or visited them on Mothers day


"This life is all about God's plan"..This week I witnessed his hand in all of the events

which made me happy to be a part of.


We are each others "clinical material" (Neal Maxwell)
To share in each others joys, sadnesses and celebrations.

10 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

We need those nothing days sometimes to recoup renew and regenerate our spirits -- You do so much good I am glad I know you:)

Jan said...

What a time of choice experiences of happy and sad. We are all in this together. Love that you love so well Sue :)

Take the nothing on.

Joe and Marci said...

Instacare, the party, church, George, dinner, family...I think I'm ready for another week now.
Thank goodness for you!!

Devri said...

OH I heart you...

Could you pass that nothing day over hear.. PLEASE

kado! said...

I think your life sounds full of happiness and family! time passes on but you are surrounded by so much love! That love is what gets us thru the sad times and makes the good times that much better! =)

Anonymous said...

take the day just to reflect and be, it's so-o important!

mCat said...

I absolutley LOVE that Neal Maxwell quote! What a week for you!

tammy said...

What a week!

I had a nothing day to day - unintentionally. That's what happens when your car breaks and your hubby is out of town. You have to stay home.

tiki_lady said...

you've been busy with goodness.

Anonymous said...

Definitely one of those weeks that remind us what is important in life.