My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wow!! What a week♥



Butterflies, excitement and pure adrenalin was what I felt on Thursday. I was asked to speak at Womens Conference down at BYU. They were expecting thousands of women to attend. My topic was Nurturing newlyweds, and how to help them transition into their new life. ( I know! not an easy subject.) The Lord blessed me sooo much! All I can say is, it was definitely a moment I shall never forget. My mom said it was the pinnacle of my life. Thanks to all my family and friends who came to support me. I believe there were about 300-350 people there, at my class.


Thanks to all who prayed for me this week!
Some of my friends who came..
My oldest son and his wife

Other presenters..The wonderful woman next to me was the one who submitted my name to be a speaker...Thank you Noreen for an awesome experience!!


My DIL Heather and her sweet mom came to hear me♥


My sis Leslie giving me a hug!! Also she and her husband drove me to provo at 7:30 in the morning so I could go to prayer mtg.


Some of my precious loved ones who came to supoort me♥


My darling hubby helped me soo much!

just a few of those attending the conference


Two of my precious DIL---Cindy and Marci




Marci and I were able to sit on the floor up close and personal to the speakers in the Marriot center.



We ended with a hot dog from J-dogs off campus.. I was so hungry!!


Thank you to everyone who supported me in this very sacred and special assignment!!

11 comments:

Jan said...

What an amazing opportunity for you. That is so impressive. I am so glad that you felt the strength and answers that you needed to remain calm and feel good about what you were prompted to say.

Great turn out :) I am so glad to see a lot of happy faces that came to the conference. Thanks for sharing too. I think that would have been a tougher topic. At least for me. It's been awhile to have to remember those newlywed years. Great job.

Vanessa said...

What a great experience! I'm sure it was a great presentation.

Are you a Nielsen? That is my maiden name. I wonder if we are related.

mCat said...

Now I am MORE than ticked that I had to give up my ticket!! I wish I had known you were presenting! ARRGGHHH!
I'm sure you were fabulous!

tammy said...

I wish I could've been there! That is impressive. I get nervous enough just speaking in Sacrament Meeting. I'm glad it went well for you.

Jamie said...

WOW, What an amazing opprotunity and challenge. I am sure you were just amazing. Almost went this year and had to say no at the last minute.I hope to go next year:)

Ane said...

HOW exciting!! I hope it will be featured on BYU tv! It would be nice to hear your talk! What a sweet fam you have!!

Brittany said...

looks like an awesome day- i heard you were wonderful! i hope you enjoyed it! these are awesome pictures-

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity and experience, I am sure you were the best!

tiki_lady said...

ok, i was fine until I saw just a few of the people at your conference. Then I had to go change my panties. I'm just sayin...

congrats! I knew you would be a wonderful speaker.

chelle said...

How exciting. I love that you spoke. I would love to speak someday. Was it wonderful.

I wish I would have known so I could have gone to see you speak!

Next time tell me! LOL

m

kado! said...

What a wonderful experience and how great to have that moment in your life! You are beautiful and I'm sure your words to those newlyweds were just as beautiful and heartfelt. Wow! So many people...glad you enjoyed it!