My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, May 17, 2009

What shadows we are, what shadows we pursue!



A friend is someone who dances with you in the sunlight, and walks with you in the shadows

“When you are old and gray and full of sleep, and nodding by the fire, take down this book and slowly read, and dream of the soft look your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep


The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream


My son and his daughter...This picture inspired me to do this post about shadows

“An optimist is a person who sees only the lights in the picture, whereas a pessimist sees only the shadows. An idealist, however, is one who sees the light and the shadows, but in addition sees something else: the possibility changing the picture, of making the lights prevail over the shadows.”

11 comments:

tiki_lady said...

love it, love the pics!

Jan said...

Powerful message Sue. I do think we knew each other before :)

Anonymous said...

Really great post! I love the one of the old people!

Devri said...

I love this message...

hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder and I adore the shadow pictures!

Joe and Marci said...

This is a cool post, I love all the pics - especially one :)

(Except it's Colin, not a daughter. Close enough. :)

mCat said...

LOVE this post! The pics are awesome.
Well done!

Jamie said...

Those pics are fun and fabulous what a great reminder. It really is how you look at things. There is more to everyone than what you see.Thank you:)

Sue said...

Whoopsies!! That is my Handsome Colin not Dakota..

tammy said...

Love the pics and the quotes. Great post!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Oh those are so poignant I love the work that went into those and your thoughts