My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm having a nothing day....

What is up with this weather?..It's the middle of June, and we haven't gone swimming yet...We are heating up the pool but its too cold to get in.....Our garden is turning yellow....our allergies are just awful...There is so much yard work to be done..My windows need washing..

Truly, this is just more than I can bear....I guess I'll take advantage ...and cuddle up on the couch and make myself some hot chocolate....I might as well get out all those books I need to read, or make those calls to people on my list that I haven't talked to in a long time....Or I could clean my house...Or I could do my geneology..Or I could write my missionaries...I could take dinner in to someone who needs it...I could start my christmas early....Or.....

I could take a nap, all this planning has made me exhausted....We all need a vaca- once in a while, we all need to chill...A little time off...Or as I read yesterday in a book, We need an intermission..

Maybe that's what all this crazy weather is all about.....Everyone " Stop" WHAT YOU ARE DOING....Are you spending your time on what really matters? Maybe we all need to relax and enjoy what we have right now, this very minute.....

O.k. now I am tired...Anyone up for a "nappy"?

Thought for today: "Set aside half an hour every day to do all your worrying; then take a nap during this period."

1 comment:

Joe and Marci said...

All this tells me is that your grandkids are what matter to you. On this cold summer day when you could be reading or doing genealogy or napping, you chose to call me up and take my kids all day so 1)I could have a break and 2)my kids could have a fun day with Grandma.
You are an angel that called at the exact right time - the furnace guys are here all day making a mess and it's a little chilly to spend the day outside. My kids were literally jumping up and down with joy when I told them that you called. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I think I'll go take my nap now...