My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mark and his boys...Happy Fathers Day


This is a picture that Jake drew of his dad when he was young...A great likeness don't you think? As we celebrate Fathers Day this yr. I would like to pay tribute to the Father of my children..
Without Mark I wouldn't have the great son's that I now have..

Thanks Mark for teaching my sons how to work hard..Thanks for showing them how to treat a woman with respect...

Thanks for being the best Father you could be, and showing my sons how much you loved them by providing them with a great home life..Full of security and all the necessities that they needed..Thanks for getting up every morning and having scripture study.(even when I couldn't get out of bed, which was every day) Thanks for supporting them in all their sports, their missions and every dream that they had for themselves.

Thanks for taking the kids to church and showing them that it was important..Thank you for loving me, and not giving up on me, when I was p.m.s.-ing....You taught the kids how to be better fathers and husbands...Most of all thanks for giving me the most valuable possessions I have....Justin, Brandon, Ethan, Jacob and Josef... Without them I wouldn't have 5 Daughter-in laws and 22 g-children that I simply adore...

Probably the greatest gift you have given your family is watching you deal with your illness the past 9 yrs....You have been in pain 24/7..Yet, you have continued on..You have fought a good fight..You have continued to serve in the church even when you could hardly get out of bed some Sundays..You continued to work at your job, when all you wanted to do was go back to bed..Our sons have seen a modern day "Job" from the bible..They have seen all the complications you've had from the medicine..They even saw your beard (as in pic. above) to hide the sores that broke out all over your face from the dental stress, which again was caused from the amount of pain you have had..You have taught the family that they can handle what challenges they may have with courage and dignity, and most of all patience..You never, never gave up on us or your self..You have become our hero...

Mark posing with his 5th son--Joe posing with his 5th a son
Mark's special night receiving his "Father of the Year Award"


I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, AND THEN SOME...SUE

5 comments:

Ethan & Amy said...

Nice pictures Madre. You are enjoying this way to much. For dad you are the Maximus of the family. Growing up I always felt like a gladiator around you. The support you gave us was amazing. I wish the gladiator music was playing in the background (mmmmm.. uhh.. nnnn.. mmm..nnnn). Your boys would do anything for you. We would follow you wherever you take us. Lucky for us you have led us to a path of self discovery, fatherhood, work ethic, honesty, & priesthood bearers. Thank you for being a righteous father to us and being a role model in the world we live.

-E

The Heugly 8 said...

Nice comments Ethan. Like father like son. I echo what Ethan said plus add a little. The young men and women's motto this year is Steadfast and immovable. I have seen this motto in your life. Not willing to compromise and having integrity and honesty guide your path. I value your oppinion and approval more than anyone. Thanks for being the kind of example a Father should be. You may have been a little rough around the edges but I think the product of us five boys speaks volume of how we were raised. We are all very tender and sensitive. We get that from you. Your 22 grandchildren should be eternally greatful for the fathers you have prepared. By their fruits ye shall know them.

Thanks Dad
Love Justin

Joe and Marci said...

There are multiple ways to get to Chicago, right? Fathers are not created equal and definitely have their own unique spin on parenting, compassion, love, leadership, etc. A father’s primary responsibility is to love his children and ensure that the children know they are loved. The boys never questioned that. We often refer to ourselves as “the brothers” because we were raised with the love and appreciation for blood, family, loyalty, each other, etc. We aggressively look out for each other. We were taught system, order, and hard work. Most of all, we were taught to love life. Have fun and laugh, and even laugh at ourselves. I can remember the many service projects we worked on. We were taught to serve others. We were also taught that spiritual things were sacred and should be treated as such. At one point, I considered “letting Seminary go”. I remember thinking that a high GPA meant something. I was honestly surprised when Pop said that “Seminary was more important [than grades]”. You taught us to love the Lord, honor the Priesthood. Pop, it’s your day. Thank you for taking me to Chicago. I am a better father and husband because of it.

Sue said...

We have mamy labels in our life. Infant, baby, son, young man, elder, AVP, VP, SVP, EVP, director, chairman, man, husband, father are all labels. All I wanted for this fathers day was to spend a couple of hours with my sons, to see them work together and be together. To hear them laugh and talk. I love my sons. I cannot express how much. But none of them and none of this great joy that is in my life would be possible without the one label I can never have, Mom. When it comes to Sue the word mom should be said quietly almost with reverence because to my five sons, to the joys of my life she is mom and I have never met her equal.

POP

Liz and Jake said...

DAD

Did I ever say thanks for attending all of my little league football games?

Did I ever say thanks for taking us bowling after Saturday work?

Did I ever say thanks for teaching me how to play dart guns with my kids and hide behind couch pillows for protection?

Did I ever say thanks for teaching me how to be a banker and to respect my co-workers?


Did I ever say thanks
for all the toys you bought,
games we played,and the way you
always tried to cheer
me when I was down?

Did I ever say thanks for teaching me to love Artic Circle cheese burgers with extra mustard?

Did I ever say thanks for making me feel loved even when I made mistakes?

Did I ever say thanks for writing letters to me every week on my mission?

Did I ever say thanks for
the sacrifices you made
so I could be involved
in so many enriching
activities?

Did I ever say thanks for
working so hard to provide for our family?

Did I ever say thanks for teaching me the importance of the gospel?

Did I ever say thanks for having such faith in me and always being there when I needed you?

Did I ever say thanks for showing me the way to love my family and wife with all my heart?

Most of all,
Did I ever say thanks for being my DAD?

DAD, I LOVE YOU