My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, June 23, 2008

WEV'E BEEN ON "HOLIDAY"...

Where can you go for shopping, art, museums, entertainment, dining, and broadway shows??

Mark and I went to New York for a week...A little "work-cation"......Its always wonderful and exciting...We split the time in Brooklyn and The city..

There were 2 parades: The mermaid Parade where anything goes..A lot like Mardi Gras..And the other was the Polish pride parade...There was also a Yoga class in the middle of the Street..Hundreds were doing yoga..Whatever... we also ran into Norm from "cheers" walking down the street...

Even though we were in the big apple...we were also on a mission: Our g-son Luke Got a concussion and broke his wrist on our zip-line before we left for our trip...When I called him and asked him what he would like..He said "Optimus prime "(transformers) Soooo..What could we do but go to "Toys r us" in New York...

This is the section in the store just for transformers...We found what Luke wanted...Mission Accomplished..Check out these other photos we took in the store:

We had a fabulous time...We knew we couldn't go to New York without taking in a Broadway show...Soooo..I checked to see what plays won emmys and we went from there..

Our choices were:" August: Osage county" and "Boeing Boeing"...We highly recommend seeing Boeing Boeing..It was hilarious, non stop comedy...We loved it..

Our Holiday in New York was the best....But we always love coming home...For us the end to a perfect Holiday is sleeping in our own bed again....If we start to miss the hustle and bustle we always have our dreams which take us back to New York ....Fortunately, when we wake up, we are already home, and we don't have to wait at the airport 4 hours till take off...we're all unpacked, and safe and sound....

4 comments:

Liz and Jake said...

Glad you are home safe and glad you had fun...All of those pictures remind me of all of the fun times we had in NY with you.

Glad to have you back

Joe and Marci said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love your pictures, except now Colin wants a life-sized statue of Jack Sparrow in his room!

Lance and Becky said...

I am so jealous! I love NYC! Such a fun place to be! Love the toy store! I'm glad you guys had a fun trip, you so deserve it!

Ethan & Amy said...

You were gone? Why am I always the last to know? Pride parade with George Costanza. hmmmmmm. Dad in a kilt. hmmmmm.

Beavers and Ducks.