My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Joe, don't take my picture!" Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you!

Happy Birthday Mom!
Today the day will tell,
How thankful we are for you,
A day you share with Camri Sue.
You're close to Dad's heart,
right where you belong.
40 Years, and going strong.

Hold me grandma,
never let me go,
Tell me everything about you,
Tell me all I need to know.

The parties are planned behind the scenes,
The clean up takes weeks,
Often goes thankless for awhile,
Yet, you still manage to beam your smile.

Although heavenly father sent you sons,
You prepared us for life's tests and whirls,
You even prepared us to manage all these little girls.
If nobody likes you, it's your own fault.
If everybody craves you, it's ALSO your own fault.
It's never about you,
It's about relationships - you taught...
How are you, and you?

Seriously, Seriously!
Grandma, never leave me alone.
Seriously, Seriously!
Grandma, I don't want to go to school;
Can I stay home?
And finally, it's time to rest and say goodnight.
Happy Birthday Mom, friend, and our delight.
You keep the family together.
On behalf of all of us, we love you.








8 comments:

Sue said...

Lucky me to have a b-day on Easter!!

Double lucky me to have a son post on my blog precious words of love♥

Thank you♥ Thank you♥ I love you with my soul, and all my heart..

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Ah, that was so sweet ! They love you so much, what a great Mom and Grandma you are. :)When do you go to Utah? My birthday is this next week too:)

The Heugly 8 said...

Love you mom, Happy Birthday

Justin

tiki_lady said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! what a beautiful BIG family you have and a wonderful son so that we can share all the words and great pictures!

HOpe you had a great day!

Jamie said...

HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday to you:0)!!

Devri said...

unlucky me for being away from your blog on your birthday.

dear friend, I hope you had a wonderful Easter/birthday!

tammy said...

What a sweet post!

Sorry I wasn't over here on the day. Hope your birthday and Easter was divine. And I'm even more glad that you got yourself a new dress!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you have, hope your day was the best!