My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday weekend memories.....






Friday night we hung out with old neighbors and friends. Mark and Becky brought Bratwurst and sauerkraut, potatoes and Cream of cauliflower soup. I made raspberry, strawberry blackberry shortcake. It was fun to catch up and laugh!!

===============================================

I loved conference!!!!!


Things I loved:


Every challenge can bless us


ask for help with temporal and spiritual things


joyfully live within my means


when we give into debt- we lose ourselves temporally and spiritually


try saying "we can't afford it" "we don't need it" and "we don't want it"

addictions can't be satisfied


focus on what we have in common rather than our differences


we gather in church to heal our soul

this is our time and our day

when we feel the truth our faith can still be tested


prayers don't have to be sermons


the lord will shape our backs to fit the burden


Jesus can fill every void, and will fight our battles

Christ's arm is sufficient

you are never lost if you can see the Temple


go to church with a purpose to reach out


trust those who have gone before us to guide us


don't be missing in action when others need us


don't dwell on what's wrong with the world ===focus on our blessings


My future is as bright as my faith


THIS ISN'T EVERYTHING I LEARNED BUT CERTAINLY A GOOD LIST TO WORK ON.

5 comments:

kado! said...

those are really neat pictures...is that in your house?...that fireplace is massive & BEAUTIFUL!♥ I'd love to be stuck right there in front of it on a snowed-in day with some hot cocoa!!!...that would be heaven!

tiki_lady said...

i love getting together with old friends too! and conference was defninitely manna!

tammy said...

Loved conference! Even though I am playing catch up and trying to watch most all of it all today. Not how I had planned my weekend.

Brittany said...

so fun! ...BUT how come you didn't wear your long red outfit??!! hehehe

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I got tears in my eyes reviewing the words of wisdom we have been given by a loving Heavenly Father one of my favorites was
My future is as bright as my faith