
Yesterday while I was on the computer the door bell rang.....Oh crap!!! is what I think I said..I had no make-up, old looking head band was holding back messed up hair, only bottom pjs, because I was exercizing and got too hot.
This is my home..The Front door is quite a ways from the street. We have a long driveway..
needless to say not a pretty look!! besides I was having a quiet.do.nothing sort of day.(see last post)
But!!!!even when I am a stylin woman dressed from head to toe. I do not answer the door unless I know who it is.!!
This is my home..The Front door is quite a ways from the street. We have a long driveway..Should I answer the door even though I know there are lunies and crazies out there?
As a rule, if I don't know you are coming, I won't answer the door not for my mother, nope no one..
(today it was two men that I did not know...and no..they weren't missionaries.)
just curious..What do you all do?? having little ones doesn't help because they usually answer the door before you can say anything..

7 comments:
It really depends. I don't if I am not ready either sometimes. Like I am ready to jump in the shower or get on the treadmill or something. I don't. My mother always does. But she is always ready at 5 am and that is just not me.
I love to know who it is first too.
I'm so bad, I usually don't. Unless I really know who it is.
Most people that come to our house, know that we have a fairly open door policy and do "their" knock and come in.
I'm just as bad at answering the home land line. We don't have caller ID anymore so I NEVER answer it......
I usually do not, but I have a window in my door where people can see me pass and sometimes if I get caught they just keep knockin because they know I'm home.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. No one in my house answers the door. I will go look out first and answer if I know who it is, but sometimes if I'm busy I don't even go look if we're not expecting anyone. And I hate it whenever anyone comes over late at night. One night it was like 9:00, and my kids were young and my hubby was gone and the missionaries came over and I had NO BRA ON!! They knew we were home too and I didn't want to be rude so I just cracked the door open and held my arms folded so hopefully they couldn't tell!
The other day one of my son's friends came over and he not only knocked on the door several times, he rang the doorbell. And called on his cell phone while standing on my front porch! How did he not just think maybe we weren't home? That drives me nuts.
And we're the same way with the phone. I'll pick up if I want to talk, but if I'm busy I don't. I figure my time's my own and if I don't want to talk, I won't!
Good question. And wow, long comment from me.
Thanks for dropping by. I love to meet new folks. We have 6 children but only 12 g children. Our youngest daughter is 32 and has just married for the first time. We're hoping there will be a new bambino soon. Come again. I enjoyed your 4th pics and story. I have only been retired about 18 months. I found it hard at first, but now I love having each day for HH and myself. Getting kind of selfish in my older years. Blessings
QMM
Well, I'm glad to know that I should call before dropping by to chat ;D
I don't mind opening the door, but we do have a big window in front and I usually check first. You're right though, the kids will open it for anyone. I have to run fast to beat them to it.
i am too trusting, I answer! do youhave a speaker at your front door. Sometimes, that would be nice.
Post a Comment