Yesterday as I sat in the Drs. office with my husband, I was reading magazines to kill time.. I found this quote which I had not heard before, and which was so fitting to why we were there waiting to see a doctor.===========
Courage doesn't always roar.Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow".
~Mary Anne Radmacher
================
After battling with chronic pain for 10 yrs. I often wonder how my hubby manages to keep going. Certainly prayer, faith, and patience have helped. But, as I read this quote I'd like to add another quality that is sometimes overlooked..that of Courage..
Thanks Mark for having the courage three thousand six hundred and fifty days to "try again tomorrow"..
I ♥ you with everything I have. You are my inspiration and my hero..
Courage doesn't always roar.Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow".
~Mary Anne Radmacher
================
After battling with chronic pain for 10 yrs. I often wonder how my hubby manages to keep going. Certainly prayer, faith, and patience have helped. But, as I read this quote I'd like to add another quality that is sometimes overlooked..that of Courage..
Thanks Mark for having the courage three thousand six hundred and fifty days to "try again tomorrow"..
I ♥ you with everything I have. You are my inspiration and my hero..


8 comments:
What a lovely post. Dr. Hubby has terrible scoliosis (his undergrad was paid for due to this) and he has pain every day too.
Love the quotes! It makes me realize I can handle a little discomfort when others truly face a BATTLE every single day
I sure have empathy for him. Pain management is one of the hardest specialties to deal with. As a nurse I became disillusioned with western medicine in about 1990 and started to study complimentary therapies and ended up using my skills in pain management at the home health agency where I worked for years. Before Hospice in our area I had many cancer patients. I had learned massage, energy work and how to teach biofeedback. It was so rewarding. Touch is very powerful. Blessings to you both
QMM
I am sorry he goes through that we have several loved ones who do as well...Courage is what it takes. I think Courage is as much an attitude as it is an action
QMM---funny that you should mention touch as something to help with pain..I rub my husband on ave. 1-2 hrs. every night. Touch has priority over the pain. As long as I rub, he has relief..The minute I stop, the pain comes back.
i love that quote!! I can feel your love for your husband too!
Love the quote. So sorry your husband has to deal with pain like that. And what love you show him by massaging him every night. What a good example of the kind of wife I need to be.
that is a GREAT quote!
Post a Comment