My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, July 16, 2009

If Thursday were a smell.......

I picked these from my yard today..

I luv daisies..


Then I went to the garden and picked this...

(zuchinni, tomatoes, lettuce
peas and raspberries
)

Then I made lemon zuchinni bread using my "just picked" zuchinni from my garden...

and now my house smells like this...

===============


lemon zuchinni bread

1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. veg. oil
2 eggs beaten
2 Tbls. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbl.grated lemon peel (fresh)
1 c. shredded zuchinni
1/2 c. chopped walnuts


preheat oven 350 degress. Grease and flour 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.


In a lg. bowl, stir the flour, ginger, b.powder, salt and sugar.
Add the oil, eggs, lemon juice, lemon peel, shredded zuchinni, and nuts.
Stir to blend, but do not overmix.


Spoon the batter into pan. bake for 45-55 min. or until toothpick comes out clean. cool bread on rack for 5 min. then flip the bread onto the rack to finish cooling.
========


sending the smells of summer your way!
enjoy♥♥♥

12 comments:

Jamie said...

YUMMY! Is there anyway to get a garden that plentiful in Az because I have yet to learn the tricks of the trade.

Scrappy Girl said...

I love daisies...this makes the second bouquet I have seen on the web today...I need to go out in the pasture! LOL

That bread looks yummy...I can almost smell it!

mCat said...

mmmmmmmm, really, looks and sounds go freakin good!

Devri said...

I smelled friendship, laughter, love and sisterhood. That is why I came over! But now I smell the bread and the flowers too!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Ohhh I want some I will try this oh so soon and my daisies have been dead since the first of June so yours are gorgeous

Vicki Lynne said...

Yum! I think I shall follow your lead and make some now. Thanks!

Michael and Natalia said...

Thanks, Sue! We always appreciate a good recipe :) I can't wait to try it out - yours looks SO YUMMY!!!

tammy said...

That looks yummy! Thanks for sharing that recipe.

kado! said...

I'll be trying that delicious recipe!!! I can't wait until my zucchini are ready....we are a little slower growing here on the East coast I guess.....

Ane said...

Oh my goodness that looks delicious! I want to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

YUMMMY I love and grow daisies too:)

shauna said...

I've never tried it with Lemon. I will have to do it ASAP. Wish my garden was bountiful this year :0(