My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday America..I love you












Like all of you I am preparing for the 4th of July.. We as a family celebrate by having a sleep-over in our yard. Each Family pitches a tent and we spend 2 days together..We swim, eat, play games, watch movies laugh and Yes we ponder the liberties we all share..So before I forget and get carried away with preparations I just wanted to pay tribute to the United States Of America.
" I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him".
--Abraham Lincoln

July 4th is a time to celebrate freedoms and independence.

Thank you America for all you have given to me and my family. I love you, I honor you and hopefully I live a life that forever and always
shows respect and gratitude for the blessings I enjoy.

6 comments:

Michael and Natalia said...

Awwww, I love the ending! I also hope to live a life like that. I love this country.

Sue, the previous post JUST BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!! I've never been to a tea party, Can I Come Next Time??

mCat said...

Fan-freakin-tastic post!

And, can I come be part of your family? I wanna family two-day sleep over. How fun!

Joe and Marci said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PARTY!!!!! God Bless America!

Jan said...

Luvs - and Happy 4th to you and your wonderful family Sue.

Scrappy Girl said...

Sounds like a fun weekend is ahead of you! Can't wait to see pics...the 4th of July is one of my fave holidays!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

What a fun tradition i know your family is so blessed to have you.