
We all have ebbs and flows in our life...Crazyness and peace...loudness and quiet..Screams and whispers...Talking and silence...
If life seems out of control busy, the clock is your enemy, and you go to bed exhausted wondering what you have accomplished?..

If life seems out of control busy, the clock is your enemy, and you go to bed exhausted wondering what you have accomplished?..----it's time to breathe and do nothing..
Turn it all off!! The radio, t.v., computer, even the telephone if necessary..Just listen..and ponder..
Summer is such a great reminder of this.... listen to the birds, reflect on blessings, pick a rose and smell it. Water a garden, go for a walk and talk with God. Do the simple, and enjoy the little things in life.
So what if the dishes sit in the sink. Who cares if the laundry stacks up. Maybe you aren't mother of the week, or maybe you haven't lost that extra 10 lbs...Perhaps your down because money is tight and you can't go on the vacation you wanted...Stop!!!! Take a little time to just be in the moment, and be grateful for who you are now.. what you have..
Stay in your jammies all day if you would like and read to your kids or to yourself.
Listen to the quiet, and let all the "voices go on vacation" and leave you alone.
You know the ones:
the guilt voices
the comparing voices
your not good enuf voices


Have a Quiet day filled with no pressure, no guilt, just the pleasantries of summer...

7 comments:
I love that word - pleasantries.
That is my new day mantra :)
Sounds wonderful and I will try. You have a day full of pleasantries.
Such a peaceful post! Yesterday evening when the sun was going down I took my camera out and looked for the small things...got some great shots...and the peace was good for my soul.
Love this post! Especially the contrast of the pictures of the top to the pictures at the bottom.
You captured it perfect.
And thanks for the reminder....
Thanks. I needed that!
I needed this today!! I feel better after having just read it. Now I will crawl in the corner of the couch with a book and just be....
Nice!!
Love love this post.
Post a Comment