My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, July 20, 2009

Pondering my weekend....


We had another rager swimming party with family and friends!! we finished off with hotdogs chips and ice cream bars..(thanx Liz)


We splurged and got another computer..Our old one was having a web attack..It was super slow. Thanks to our son Brandon who copied all our old files and set us up...Luv the new one.



I had all my windows washed inside and out. The entire house was only $150.00..seeings as how I have never had my insides done professionally (just me)..I thought it was worth it.

````````````````

Last but not least...I have a new calling in my church..Relief Society President...What is that you might ask? I have the honor and privilage to oversee all the needs of the women in our ward boundries.I have other women who help me. We don't get paid, we volunteer our services to help those who might need a meal, or need help with their children, or help with a funeral.. I'm very humbled and grateful for this opportunity.


What was your weekend like?

15 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Don't forget your Monday activity of taking care of the sick! Thank you for everything, you are an angel.

mCat said...

Great party it looks like! And you? RS pres? YUP! I can see it! Your ward sisters are blessed!

Anonymous said...

Well you saw my weekend on my blog.
I only swim when all the littles are out. They get kinda splashy.Congrats on your new volunteer position. I was parish nurse for many years up to last year. That was a pretty neat ministry. Mostly educational.
QMM

Jamie said...

Not as eventful as yours in the calling arena, but it was spent with family and I that to me is the best place to be!

tiki_lady said...

congrats on your new calling! You will be wonderful! I like the new computer too!

Michael and Natalia said...

I agree with M-Cat, your ward sisters will be blessed!! I'm surprised you haven't been called sooner :) Good luck and congratulations!

Jan said...

I need to have my windows done.

Glad you got that computer. We need an extra one really badly too.

Brittany said...

holy schneikies!! Rel Soc Pres??!! yeah... good luck with that... hahaha ... in all seriousness, that's awesome you will be fantastic as always! look at all my periods in my comment- it's starting to look like Grandma Wonderful's!! hahaha

tammy said...

I think you need to have someone wash your windows for you now that you'll be RS Prez!

Scrappy Girl said...

We visited some new outlet mall stores, watched the movie GForce with Wild Child, cleaned up the house, and flew a kite.

kado! said...

looks like a fun weekend! Great deal on the window washing!!

Ane said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Congratulations on your new calling! Your RS sisters sure are lucky to have you as their new president! ;)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Oh you will do such agood job --What joys you will have teaching serving loving and learning Have you done RS pres before? I loved being a counselor for 4 years. I was a pres when I was 29 but my memory of that is that the Lord carried me through that time :)

Devri said...

First of all WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF CRAZYNESSESS!!! I am stil in the club, although I love it now, cuz people still bring over meals once in awhile, I make them! lol

YOu will do a great job! You've done it before, and you will concer again! hugs to you! btw- you pool looks like too much fun! maybe I will invite myself and kiddos over sometime! lol jk

have a great one!

Your grandsome is a handsome boy!

shauna said...

What a lucky ward! You are an amazing person with so much to give. Thank you for being such a great example to women everywhere!