My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, May 26, 2008

Big week-end Surprise....

Memorial Day is usually dedicated to those who have passed on. We decorate graves with beautiful flowers, and for a moment in time give a special thanks for those people who have made a difference in our life.

Mark and I went to the graves and took our flowers..When we went to g-pa and g-ma Heugly's graves it was pouring down rain...By the time I got to my dads site...It was sunny and bright....(I'm just sayin) --It was like my dad was saying" Hi Sue"..."I have missed you --and How'd you like your week-end surprise??"

Grandpa Nielsen knew about little Beau before We did..He talked with him, and I'm quite sure he gave out special messages like: "When you see G-ma Wonderful open your eyes for her"..In case you haven't seen George's post...There's g-ma and the baby, with his eyes wide open....The first thing g-ma says to Beau is.."I hope you told him I'm not happy with him."(g-mas favorite little saying about g-pa because he left her so soon)

What a miracle...The Lord giveth and he taketh away...This baby is such a blessing--The Lord giveth the Heugly's number 22.....I promise there is no bragging or gloating going on here....

I had the privilage to watch the other hulligans while Marci and Joe were at the hospital....We had a great time.....So here's a few photos to share a very special g-ma time....

We played charades.....






Milo wanted to play too..


G-pa took us to eat at Italian Village....


We had Spaghetti and Salad and Garlic Bread


Whoopsies my top is falling.....


We played super heroes with our blankets for hours....




We didn't go to church but we had Sunday School..After baths we went to the nicest room in the house...

Dakota Lead the singing, and gave the lesson on Baptism..It was awesome...Seriously she mentioned every single thing possible on the subject..

Emma conducted

Camri said the prayer

Some other highlights of our time together was French toast for breakfast...Koko said "I can't believe we are having French Toast with real French bread."

I made Colin car garages out of the do-nut boxes..I cut out holes so his cars could go in...We watched Hannah Montannah, The water Horse, and a few cartoons...We had a group nap in Joe and Marci's bed..We told scary stories...We had so much fun...But the best was when we got to go to the hospital and see Mom and Baby for the first time....

We made up a song for the new baby:

Baby beau, Baby Beau, Baby Beau --Baby Beau Charles

Baby Beau- Baby Beau- Baby Beau Charles

Baby Beau is the newest member

He's # 22 of the Heugly's

( I think you had to be there..)


It was a busy, fun packed, week-end....There's something about the Joe and Marci Family that love to come into this world around a holiday.....New years Day...Halloween...Mothers Day..St Patricks..and now Memorial Day.....

To my sweet Marci, I'm so proud of your work as a mother....Your kids are adorable with testimonies..They are so well adjusted and balanced...You get the credit for all of that....But you did real good on finding yourself a good man who would honor you and help you in your cause for righteousness.....Together you have a wonderful Family...Thanks for all you do for my g- kids....

I love you all.....................


4 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Do you ever read that "email" that everyone passes along that doesn't seem real, doesn't have any application? When you see the post with your kids and parents it forces you to stop in "aw".

Mom, we can never repay you for what you bring to our family.

I spent two nights talking to Mom after the kids were down and I was back from the hospital. Mom, you have many gifts and talents...I'm just sayin'.

Love you Joe [and Marci]

Lance and Becky said...

I love love this post! I do think these little babies are sent down with special messages for us! Did you read my post on my anniversary (my grandma) She past on my and Lance's anniversary, and Rylie was born on my grandma's anniversary! I'm so excited for you guys to have another little one in your beautiful family! I love the post before this one too!

Brittany said...

How sweet! Sue, you crack me up too. I love the way you think... I just relate! I love your pics and thoughts... and by the way, I will be making some donut box garages myself- what a good idea!

leslie reynolds said...

You two have the most beautiful family. I love your kids and feel bad they are growing up and changing. congrats on the new babe!I admire and respect you guys and all your family. The blogs are beautiful. Keep it up.
Lance/Leslie