My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, May 12, 2008

Cindy, Heather, Amy, Liz and Marci

There are 83 million mothers in the United States..But there are only 5 who are Mothers to my little grand-children...

Here's a little something for you.
Daughters-In-Law are Our Grandchildren's Mothers

Daughters-in-law are our grandchildren's mothers.
As such, they carry our fortunes downstream.
Under their guidance, our hopes become others',
Giving their force to a much larger dream.
How lucky we are to have you for the carer
That nurtures the hearts of our hearts, that they may
Each be a lover, a giver and sharer,
Remaking the world in their image each day.
So do we all, like streams from the mountains,
In time become joined in the souls we have made,
Now mingled forever, eternal companions,
Linked by our love in a bond that won't fade.
As you in your noontime your work of love do,
We watch from the hillside, grateful for you.

As I was showered with Love, visits, cards, phone calls, tributes, cookies, Flowers, dinners, movie, a pedicure and manicure and lunches...I felt so blessed and privilaged to be a mother ..But I was also very grateful for the mothers of my grand-children..

Thanks for all you do...I appreciate everything...Love you guys!!!!!

3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Thank you Sue!! And thank you for being such a wonderful mother to all of our husbands!! All the grandkids love you and they all know how much you love them. Happy Mother's Day :)

Brittany said...

That is a sweet poem. I think Gma Wonderful's getting sick of me leaving messages on her blog already! Haha... Love ya!
PS- Am I doing all I can in my "noontime"? Sorry, I just had to say it...

The Heugly 8 said...

Sue,

Thank you for the kind words. I have always had a hard time seeing you as my mother in law, I have always felt like you were more like one of my best friends,that I could talk to about anything! We have so much fun together, I love that! I'm glad you had a great mother's day, you deserve it!!!! Love, -Cindy