My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Que Sera Sera.....


Que Sera Sera
When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.
Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera What will be, will be.
When I was young, I fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will we have rainbows, day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said.
Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.Now I have children of my own
They ask their mother, what will I be
Will I be handsome, will I be rich
I tell them tenderly. Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

When I was a young girl my sisters and I used to sing this song..(especially Leslie)...It's such a great song and I love the lyrics.....

When I married Mark his P. Blessing said he would find Joy in his posterity....39 yrs ago I wondered what that could mean....

Would we have many children? would we have sons and daughters ..The future's not ours to see...

So I waited..Mark and I thought in our young wisdom that 2 girls and 2 boys would be great...

But the Lord decided to make us parents who would "specialize"...Five boys later I see the wisdom in that choice...

As we celebrate number 22 with "Beau"..I wonder what the future holds for all these precious little ones...Surely they will wonder like me will I be pretty? will I be rich? The future is not for us to see...What will be will be...


Baby Beau is most likely the caboose for the Heugly's...Unless a miracle happens....I do believe we are done...

I'm so thankful for this huge-ly posterity...And truly Mark and I have found Joy in them....

It reminds me of a scripture: Psalms 127:5 "HAPPY IS THE MAN THAT HATH HIS QUIVER FULL OF THEM...


My Girls:

1. McKinzie

2.Lauren

3.Autumn

4.Samantha

5.Alexandra

6.Kaeli

7.McKenna

8.Leah

9.Dakota

10.Emma

11.Camri

My Boys:

1.McKay

2.Michael

3.Christopher

4.Hunter

5.Mark

6.Luke

7.Dallas

8.Andrew

9.Christian

10.Colin

11.Beau

We don't know what the future holds for you..But following the only perfect person to walk the earth, is your best bet for a happy and joyful life...This we promise you...Que Sera Sera





3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

I am glad we don't know the future, it would take all of the fun away from making the wrong..oops right choices.

"If we stay together, we survive!"

Brittany said...

As soon as I saw those lyrics, I could hear my mom singing that song- she sang it around our house too! So funny. What a cute post... It's weird to think how everyone's grown and we're all big families of lots of people now, just getting bigger (and hopefully better)...

The Heugly 8 said...

I think I take this philosophy a little to serious sometimes. Whatever happens, happens. I've had to apply this with another. If you don't have a plan, then you plan to fail. After the plan comes Que sera sera.

Love Justin