My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Thursday, May 15, 2008

BIRTHDAY SCRIPTURES....


I've been sharing lots of birthday posts lately...I have a hugely (get it) posterity....I thought for the first year of my blogging, I would pay tribute to each family member...After that...it will be a much simpler birthday wish....As I was thinking about my b-day posts I remembered another great b-day idea...


I wanted to share with you , what a friend shared with me...Its the coolest...When I was in the Stake R.S. Presidency...We found birthday scriptures for each of our ward presidencies...How do you do this you ask?


Take the Month and the day of your birthday and go to your scriptures...Find the one that fits you..Occasionally you might not find one that fits your dates...Then pick your fav.


My other friend was a ward R.S. President..For the birthday gifts of each sister in the ward she found birthday scriptures for each one... She said it went fabulously...


A couple of years ago when I had the fam. over for dinner and F.H.E. I presented every adult with their own b-day scripture...It was really fun.. Try it..One more way to use your scriptures and personalize them to you... I was shocked how each scripture seemed to fit that person...


O.k. I know your dying to know what mine is...Just in case you were wondering...Stop your begging...You win, here it is...My very own b-day scripture.....Ether 4:12


12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.


What's your Birthday Scripture??




5 comments:

Brittany said...

This was totally fun. I found 2 I liked- Revelations 3:8 and D&C 3:8. But here is something hysterical: Alma 3:8 is about mixing races and traditions... can you hear the twilight zone music in your head?...

The Heugly 8 said...

Jacob 6:12, O be wise; what can I say more?

And my favorite
Proverbs 6:12, A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.

I feel totally uplifted now!

Thanks Justin

Sue said...

Hey Heugly 8.....

I think I'd choose scripture # 1...much "wiser" choice...unless of course you are trying to tell us something with that "froward" mouth...

Sue said...

Hey Britt...I hear the music...that is totally trippy...
(IS TRIPPY A WORD?)

Brittany said...

Yes, trippy is very much a word... a very hip, cool word. Nice job with the slang! This bday scripture thing was really cool. I'm gonna do it for my family.