My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I just want to go home...

Several weeks ago I had several moments that took me back to my childhood...
I connected with all my siblings.


This is what I know for sure:
Because two people fell in love, I have a family. A mom and Dad, 3 sisters and a brother.

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one..."

"In time of test, family is best"

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future...

"Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door..


It was so fun for me to be with my own family..I felt important and loved..Those precious moments filled my heart with joy and reminded me once again how blessed we are to be members of the church and understand how important family is..


Part of the plan is to leave your home and marry and then you, yourself start a family.
I love that part of the plan..

But there are times when I yearn for the home that I grew up in.....Those happy moments with my crazy siblings and our visits to Dees, for cheeseburgers and going for ice cream at Snelgroves and Fernwoods....Those times when we would go out to eat, and my dad would say " hi "to someone..I would ask "who's that?" dad would always answer "we went to different high schools together"..I would always laugh at dads dumb jokes....His favorite was when he would pass the cemetary. He would say" people are dying to get into that place."..

As I spent time with my siblings and my mom, I knew that we were a family for Eternity..I also knew that from time to time its good to go back home, where it all began. To remember the people who gave us our beginning..

To Mom, Dad, Rhonda, Leslie, Robyn and Wally...I love you and know that we were assigned to be together, to love and nurture and forgive one another forever..

Dad and his favorite daughter

Dad and his girls


Leslie and me


Rhonda and me skiing


Dad and Wally

Mom and me


Dad and me

3 comments:

Brittany said...

This was so sweet, i'm gonna copy all those quotes. i'm already emotional about family and staying close right now, so thanks alot for taking on that topic! Just kiddin. You always say things that get me thinking; i love it.

The Heugly 8 said...

Beautiful I love all the pictures.

Amazing.

I have a very strong love for my Brothers as well.They have always been my best friends.

Love Justin

George said...

I love this little section..
These pictures are so precious.....
It's just like a newsreel of the past......Somedays It doesn't hurt
and somedays it tugs at your heart.....And your throat swells up
and you can feel the pull.....When
you fight your emotions......And then you decide its time to go watch..."Everybody loves Raymond"
.......Love ya sweet.......Mom